Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Hi!
When I restored my contacts from a backup and logged in to my IM networks my contacts had duplicate entries of their IM-addresses.
Example:
Name: Foo Bar
MSN: foo@bar.com
MSN: foo@bar.com

When I'm online on the network the two fields display as one, and everything works as it should.
However if the network is inactivated all of the fields are shown.
This is really annoying since some contacts have not only two but 3 or 4 duplicates.

I can't delete them either, because then they would be thrown from the server too.

I think the solution would be a tool that searches duplicates and deletes all but one, without deleting from servers.

Thanks for reading, if you've got ideas please share them.

The Following User Says Thank You to hermitoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Rotterdam - Netherlands, the
I have the same problem...

Msn: bla@bla.bla
Msn (haze): bla@bla.bla

Me too. Found it so annoying that I went through all my contacts and deleted the duplicates.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Me too. Found it so annoying that I went through all my contacts and deleted the duplicates.
Doesn't that delete them from the services server too?

Originally Posted by hermitoz View Post
Doesn't that delete them from the services server too?
Oh oh. It does. Someone's in a world of hurt right about now.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
You can merge contacts, does that solve the issue? Edit one of the contacts, tap the titlebar and then choose merge contact. Select the other version from the list of contacts and watch the merge happen.

Merge contacts does not resolve this because those duplicate im accounts (msn and skype and googletalk for me) are under one account.

I see duplicate IM names when i am logged in. If editing account, i can see only 1 field of duplicate.

Gonna remove IM accounts and add them again, maybe that makes a difference...

Oh what a wonderful day, after adding im accounts again, i have now separated IM names from their contacts so i can merge my 400 Contacts again.

Thank you very F**King much!!!!!

Contacts have their previously associated IM-s(gtalk,msn,skype) under theri contact card, but when i log in with IM-s, they dont get status.... but show separately.

So update fuxored my contacts totally.... also nokia pc suite is useless for managing contacts.

Any insight ?

I only see duplicate MSN (Haze) entries when I try to edit the contact info... it annoys me a bit too.