Before I order a N900, I just wanted to ask a few questions of the community.

1) I know Pandora radio can be accessed through the normal web page, but is there any other method out or being worked on? How is the web performance really? I currently listen to Pandora in the car a lot, and accessing it via the web page concerns me a bit as that would be a hard interface for that situation.

2) I have read conflicting information about Google Voice and the N900, I think in part because some people are getting Google Talk and Google Voice confused. Can someone set the record strait for me on Google Voice support on the N900? Can you make outbound calls on the N900 and have it show up as coming from the voice account number? The integration between Google Voice and Android is one of the things that has me most interested in that platform, so I am trying to find out how close the N900 comes to that.

3) This is sad, but one of the things I do on the iPhone the most is play Bejeweled. I know there are some clones out there, but is there a chance the real Bejeweled will show up on the platform?

4) Will the device operate with no SIM on a wifi network? Yeah, I know that means no cell access, etc etc. But I was more wondering if it will work as a normal tablet if there is no SIM installed.

Thanks for any help

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Answers of what I know,

3) There is a clone available called BGeweled which works quite well. If you don't like that, just go to a website with a Flash version. That works fine in the N900 browser, and you can always save the Flash file for offline use.

4) Yes it works without SIM. I used mine without a SIM card for the first week as I got used to it. Only the phone settings/options will be disabled.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I don't have the phone yet, (waiting my ars of to get it by mail). But:

1) If their player is in a poppup window you can most likley bookmark the player it self.. If not I believe you can rip the .swf file of their site, save it to your internal memory (it should not be big), and open it with the browser and bookmark there...

Afaik, the bookmark can be used as a button on the home screen(or what its called, sorry i have had an iPhone for the last year and a half... and im never moving to another platform than *nix for a phone )

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Answers of what I know,

3) There is a clone available called BGeweled which works quite well. If you don't like that, just go to a website with a Flash version. That works fine in the N900 browser, and you can always save the Flash file for offline use.

4) Yes it works without SIM. I used mine without a SIM card for the first week as I got used to it. Only the phone settings/options will be disabled.
can you really do that?!!! because there are a ton of flash games that I would install...all of popcaps flash versions for etc...

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
can you really do that?!!! because there are a ton of flash games that I would install...all of popcaps flash versions for etc...
if you open up the html source view (im not sure if you can do this on the phone, but on the desktop) and find an address ending with .swf save this address as to your computer, and copy it to the phone

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by jogorman View Post
I know Pandora radio can be accessed through the normal web page, but is there any other method out or being worked on?
Give me a URL to it and I can check. If they are not accessible via some kind of URL-via-Internet - sorry, it can't read minds.

(If you speak about radio - yes, it works, but with wired headsets).

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by jogorman View Post
2) I have read conflicting information about Google Voice and the N900, I think in part because some people are getting Google Talk and Google Voice confused. Can someone set the record strait for me on Google Voice support on the N900? Can you make outbound calls on the N900 and have it show up as coming from the voice account number? The integration between Google Voice and Android is one of the things that has me most interested in that platform, so I am trying to find out how close the N900 comes to that.
There is an app called DialCentral (see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29347 for a long discussion thread) that lets you access Google Voice, and the author is also working on making a variant called TheOneRing that integrates into the N900's built-in calling and conversation applications.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
Definitely. I have Bloxorz from miniclip.com saved on my phone and it works. I saved the .swf file on my PC and transferred via "Mass Storage" mode to the internal storage. I made a folder called Flash games. From the file manager you can just "click" the game for it to auto-open in a browser.

Alternatively, if you have a connection available everywhere, you can just go to the actual website and run it directly from there. That will stop you filling up your storage with games, but they aren't that big really.

And that's why we can say the N900 started off with thousands of games even before release

Last edited by Thor; 2010-01-14 at 20:05.

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Definitely. I have Bloxorz from miniclip.com saved on my phone and it works. I saved the .swf file on my PC and transferred via "Mass Storage" mode to the internal storage. I made a folder called Flash games. From the file manager you can just "click" the game for it to auto-open in a browser.

Alternatively, if you have a connection available everywhere, you can just go to the actual website and run it directly from there. That will stop you filling up your storage with games, but they aren't that big really.

And that's why we can say the N900 started off with thousands of games even before release
well thats excellent...means like I said the popcap games that have flash versions can be popped on the phone as well as the like of canabolt.

i use pandora on both n900 and iphone 3gs. put a bookmark on your n900 desktop for easy access. one nice thing about n900 is that you can keep listening while doing something else. on the other hand, the music stops once you leave pandora app. on iphone.