Active Topics

Notices

This sure proofs why the n900 lacks good content. If i were a develloper and read this, i wouldnt even try to make a game anymore. everything is hacked and cracked or modified! games that come out is no match for you guys to hack in and play it for free.

This sure is the down side with the open source platform! You guys are clearly ruining the payed apps platform! big game developers like EA Dont like these things, and am quit sure there wont be any games from them if you guys keep screwing around with copyrighted game files

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
This sure proofs why the n900 lacks good content. If i were a develloper and read this, i wouldnt even try to make a game anymore. everything is hacked and cracked or modified! games that come out is no match for you guys to hack in and play it for free.

This sure is the down side with the open source platform! You guys are clearly ruining the payed apps platform! big game developers like EA Dont like these things, and am quit sure there wont be any games from them if you guys keep screwing around with copyrighted game files
you clearly did not read the whole thread...

Originally Posted by Miika View Post
First of all, wow! We anticipated requests for level editor but didn't quite expect the users to put effort to reverse engineer their own. It's very nice to see the level of interest Angry Birds has received from the Maemo community.

As for any possible legal issues no worries, go for it!

On the other hand, we do have had discussions about our own level editor too but no concrete plans have been made yet. And because of that unfortunately I can't promise you any support currently.

If you have any suggestions regarding the level editor or Angry Birds in general we're all ears.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
I want to try them. Is it possible to use them not instead of current level but additional? I don't have the level pack installed. I have created /home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack2 directory, placed Through_wall.txt and 3littlepigs.txt in there and renamed them to level34.lua and level52.lua and changed the theme line in the two files from theme1 to theme2 but I cannot find theme2 when I start Angry Birds.
How can I use your custom level as theme2 instead of theme1 levels when I don't have the level pack installed?
Thanks
ok you need to download the attachment untar it

tar xzf cag_level_pack.tar
this will create a mypack directory

mkdir a pack2 dir
in
/home/opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels

copy all files in mypack to this pack2 directory
i think this should give you my 3 levels in the level 2 stuff

***** this will create info for level 2 ******
so it means you wil have unlocked and have highscores for the real level 2 stuff WHEN you buy the expansion pack

EDIT And if some one does get it working can you at least confirm that for me
Attached Files
File Type: tar cag_level_pack.tar (65.2 KB, 362 views)

Last edited by cgarvie; 2010-01-24 at 14:11.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Ok again in case anyones interested
here a template file. TO be used with Empty file earlier.

cut and paste each object as many times as you like, and fill in the ?? fields

remeber + is to the right in X direcrion
and + is DOWN in the Y direction, so nearly all Y co-ords are -ve

for the Empty file
Put your first bird about x =-15 y = -0.2

and all your structure about x = 40 + ish

spritepivot defines the size of blocks. so you know there relative size.

angle defines orientation of the object blocks are horizontal for 0 or 3 and vertical for 1.5 or -1.5

definition field defines the object,
and none of the Sprite values seem to have any effect, nor does levelGoal seem to have any effect.

UPDATE
In fact changing the definition block of the light, wood , stone type
changed the block stats, so it looks quite easy to swap block types.
just need to change 1 field

I tested this by putting a light plock up and threw red birds at it
light clock - 1 hit
wood and stone - 2 hits (but i think the wooden ones can hit the edge where as stom might need more middle hits)

UPDATE 2
The object x,y co0ord is to the middle of the object (i was assuming bottom left DOH)

For static block 04. the x and y should be +- 4.5 to be flush

medium pig should be +y 1.9 to sit on top of an object.
Attached Files
File Type: txt template_file.txt (12.5 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by cgarvie; 2010-01-26 at 06:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post
ok you need to download the attachment untar it

EDIT And if some one does get it working can you at least confirm that for me
yes it works as you said, great work. I didn't make it through the first level with my first shot though...needed some more

The Following User Says Thank You to der_oecker For This Useful Post:
in what country robio is located?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Umm. If so, then they definitely shouldn't be making games for PC, XBOX360, Wii, NDS, PSP etc as they are all hacked/cracked and all games can be had for free if you try.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-01-24 at 22:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
Originally Posted by acano View Post
in what country robio is located?
i guess you mean Rovio, and it's Finland

@jakiman, you are obviously missing the point here! The n900 has a terrible lineup for games and apps at the moment. the ovistore is near emty. apps like ovi maps are far from finished. And finaly a nice game comes out. and within a few weeks people find a way to free download the extra level packs and start cracking the code for making own levels. Result: Extra level pack has been removed from the store and not be returned since.

And you think all this is funny! If you want this to work then everyone should stop screwn around with other peoples software!

And for the game consoles, there are always enough people that buy the games. Or to ban accounts for elegal copies.

Companies must see an advantage in the n900 before they even try to make apps, games. If they read all this i dont think they are really motivated knowing that within a couple of days people started making their own maps not needing to buy the extra level pack.

And maybe you buy the pack but allot of people who read this wont!

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
@jakiman, you are obviously missing the point here! The n900 has a terrible lineup for games and apps at the moment. the ovistore is near emty. apps like ovi maps are far from finished. And finaly a nice game comes out. and within a few weeks people find a way to free download the extra level packs and start cracking the code for making own levels. Result: Extra level pack has been removed from the store and not be returned since.
You still didn't read the complete thread did you?

The extra pack was removed because there's a bug in Ovi store that allows people to downnload stuff without paying for it.

And the developer of the game clearly stated that he likes that the community creates extra levels.

Stop whining.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to robbie For This Useful Post:

Tags
angry birds, level editor