Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
guys quick questiom, what was the point of that update. i know the app managaer has changed but really nothing has changed. i still have the wifi bug and the play button on the media widget is still not fixed????? soo what was fixed. it was a big let down. what about you guys????????

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_5/PR1.1
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
As I understand, it was mainly preliminary changes needed for the real update to come soon.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
well the update is here today, and i think it has fixed the major bugs rebooting, no 3 support, stability issues

what about the MMS and front camera?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
It took a while to get this update, but there are so much to do (sadly) so it is good that they released this one now.

Don't think they will be releasing that MMS support any time sooner than portait mode

Wow, give it time, folks! 1.1 fixed a bunch of stuff. It's a general rule of software that you fix problems before you add features. Actually, that's a good rule in general

The front camera works better now then before, no more weird ghost 1/3 of the way. It still works with google video chat, if you want to see it in action. It's still a really low res camera, too.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
rebooting, no 3 support, stability issues.

None of these issues apply to me anyway. The main ones I had were the wifi issues killing my battery(WHICH IS A BIG ONE) and the play button on the widget not working which is another embarrassing issue not to be fixed on a major update.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico City & UK
What I did was to invest my money (£14) in 2 extras batteries, it is well worth it...one lasts about 4 hours of constant use. I keep one in the wallet, one in the briefcase and of course the one inside the phone.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
You cannot expect everything to be fixed in a single update. Just because your issues weren't fixed in this update doesn't make it pointless.

For example, I find the update of contact merging to be the one of the most important on a device such as this, and they did a pretty good job with that. Sure, there still is no unmerge, but at least it's far more usable and less prone to errors than it used to be, and even if that was the only improvement it would justify its existence and make it everything but pointless.