Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I previously posted a thread about it here, but I thought I'd announce it here too so people can see it in case they missed it.

Jamaendo is a player/browser for the jamendo.com music community, which is a huge database of music released under Creative Commons license. Mostly unknown artists, but there is some really good music there. I keep discovering excellent stuff, some of it above and beyond professionally recorded music. Some of it might even be professionally made, who knows.

I'd recommend checking out the radios and the top 50 tags (in the Featured section).

The current version is quite usable and I haven't found any showstopper bugs, so please try it out and vote for it here, right now it is only available from the extras-testing or extras-devel repositories, but I'm hoping to get it into extras soon!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by krig View Post
I previously posted a thread about it here, but I thought I'd announce it here too so people can see it in case they missed it.

Jamaendo is a player/browser for the jamendo.com music community, which is a huge database of music released under Creative Commons license. Mostly unknown artists, but there is some really good music there. I keep discovering excellent stuff, some of it above and beyond professionally recorded music. Some of it might even be professionally made, who knows.

I'd recommend checking out the radios and the top 50 tags (in the Featured section).

The current version is quite usable and I haven't found any showstopper bugs, so please try it out and vote for it here, right now it is only available from the extras-testing or extras-devel repositories, but I'm hoping to get it into extras soon!
Am just getting into this site - hit or miss as far as the music but some very good stuff. Thanks for the app
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Krig,
I have installed your application. I have just few questions/suggestions:
- download link in the album does not seems to work - no browser or third party application are launched I am not sure if it's a bug or if I'm missing a python dependency/browser-system settings (the related code seems fine)
- Will it be feasible to add a playlist download or for the most played music in order to save some bandwidth on the 3G connection.
- can Jamaendo be integrated with the n900 mediaplayer in order to use the FM-transmitter/dashboard controls.

I have installed "transmission". Is there anything you need to troubleshoot issue #1 ?

Last edited by fabien; 2010-01-16 at 22:52.

First of all I just want to say thanks for this wonderful application. I love Jamendo, and right now I don't miss spotify-app at all :=)

So far I have just been using the streaming functions. They work marvelously
I will test it more extensively later and give feedback.

This is a great app and I also want to ask people to vote for it so we get i pushed out rapidly: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=jamaendo