hey every1..

im new to to nokia n900 just got it the other day....

the problem is no matter what i do i cant download anything from the phone.
1st it said update maemo....i tried that but never worked so had to update from pc.

now does not show any update the only thing it says preparing for download n then stays there for a while and then says cant connect or download or get stuck up there

any help be great
thanks

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... you can't download anything from the maemo repositories at the moment as their server is down till Monday ... http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41023

... you should however still be able to download from the Ovi Store ... you don't do that through the App Manager though ... click the Ovi Store icon from the main menu, and it should take you to their webpage where you should still be able to download things ...

ETA ... the right link!

Last edited by EmmaGx; 2010-01-18 at 01:58.

wel thats what i am saying cant download anything not even ovi store.
as i go to ovi store n press download it opens up in app manager saying preparing for download and stucks there for ages

any help?

... did you do both maemo firmware updates? ... I'm assuming you did if you're able to view the ovi store from your phone ... I've just checked the Ovi store, and it's working just fine for me ... have you tried restarting your phone and trying again?

nope no luck.....do u think if go down to nokia shop they mite be able to sort this out? what two updates do u mean?

i can go to store n click on download n app manager opens up says please wait preparing to download.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by d_juan29187 View Post
wel thats what i am saying cant download anything not even ovi store.
as i go to ovi store n press download it opens up in app manager saying preparing for download and stucks there for ages

any help?
that happened to me too for some of the ".install" files, I guess they are somehow linked to the repositories because it always asks for an internet connection when I try to install that kind of file. Try downloading different things from the ovi store. If you keep getting the same error, I would wait till the repositories are up before you take it to Nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to waleed786 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by d_juan29187 View Post
nope no luck.....do u think if go down to nokia shop they mite be able to sort this out? what two updates do u mean?

i can go to store n click on download n app manager opens up says please wait preparing to download.
... I'd wait until the maemo repositories are up and working again before you panic ...

... you should have had two firmware updates from Maemo this week through your app manager ... they would both have been called Maemo5 ... without them Ovi store shouldn't work ... you can find them in the "Update" section of your app manager ...

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post: