Active Topics

Does anyone know how to move "Reject" button from the bottom to the top of the screen during incoming call?
I've tired to reject calls pressing "Reject" instead of "Answer" button, my fingers are not perfect:)

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dortmund, Germany
ROFL All my friends are laughing at me, because it happens to me all to often.

"Nice phone, but it would be great if you learn to accept a call!"

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Whoever designed this must have never used a touchscreen before...

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Whoever designed this must have never used a touchscreen before...
Well... You have three options, as I see it:

1. Return the phone (or sell it)

2. Learn how to code and re-write the Call.ui screen(s)

3. Quit your whining and learn to live with it.

It's easy to criticize, not so easy to make the necessary changes yourself.

I don't mean to come across as a dick, but damn! Even if someone were to make the most technologically, user friendly PERFECT device, someone would always find a fault with it.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
That one guy,
But probably on this one quite many agree that accidental rejecting is problem for them. Any bugzilla or brainstorm entry for this?

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Hey, give the guy a break! I agree that whiners aren't welcome, but he really is suggesting an improvement along with the complaint, not just complaining. Coders need to hear from users to know what users need!

The Following User Says Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
I don't think that's called for... the point of these forums is to help and build a stronger community. The reality of this phone is that potentially only a very small percentage of users who own it will have the necessary skills to create software or do advanced things like this.

The phone is, much as I love it, far from perfect and for all the wonderful hidden little features and functions it does have - the phone functions are actually quite problematic.

It's not really right to shut people down like that when they ask an innocent question - it's certainly not whining. How are people supposed to learn if they can't ask anything? It's also possible that ZeeD is a programmer and just wondered if there was some easy way of changing layout, rather than reinventing the wheel and reprogramming something for all you know...

As for the actual question, I'm afraid I don't know... I'm new to this myself

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stopgap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
That one guy,
But probably on this one quite many agree that accidental rejecting is problem for them
The Answer and Reject soft buttons are pretty big. I don't understand how someone can attempt to press "Answer" and ends up pressing "Reject". Perfect fingers or no. Unless the OP has a severe case of Parkinson's.

Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
Hey, give the guy a break! I agree that whiners aren't welcome, but he really is suggesting an improvement along with the complaint, not just complaining. Coders need to hear from users to know what users need!
What one person may call an improvement, another may view as a hinderance. I agree with you, "improvements" are good at times, but not always.

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
I don't think that's called for... the point of these forums is to help and build a stronger community.
And it is your right to not think it's called for.

The reality of this phone is that potentially only a very small percentage of users who own it will have the necessary skills to create software or do advanced things like this.
And I'll be the first to tell you that I have no coding skills. If I need something coded, I'll pay someone to do it. I wanted a specific app to play two sounds when the screen came to life and when it went dark. Contacted a developer, and he made it for me. The guy didn't want any money, and as such, I will be contacting him again for a bigger specialized project, for which he'd better charge me. You hear that, h?

The phone is, much as I love it, far from perfect and for all the wonderful hidden little features and functions it does have - the phone functions are actually quite problematic.
Look... There are little annoying things here and there in the phone.ui. I agree with you. But what I may consider an annoyance, others may consider "perfect". And vice-versa.

It's not really right to shut people down like that when they ask an innocent question - it's certainly not whining.
It may not be right, but I never said I was "right".

How are people supposed to learn if they can't ask anything? It's also possible that ZeeD is a programmer and just wondered if there was some easy way of changing layout, rather than reinventing the wheel and reprogramming something for all you know...
Doubt the OP is a programmer. But this isn't about the OP.

It was directed at the 3rd guy who made the ignorant statement about how the person(s) who made the ui must have never seen a touch screen in their lives.

The Following User Says Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Ok, but ZeeD asking here is really no different to you asking a developer to add extra sound events to the system sounds manager (that it does not handle by default). The only real difference is that you knew how to contact a developer and ZeeD (perhaps) didn't.

Just remember, it takes a lot fewer keystrokes and less effort to say nothing than it does to berate someone on a forum... That's all I'm saying on the matter - I don't want to overrun the thread with things that are not the answer to the original question (any more than has already been done).

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
The Answer and Reject soft buttons are pretty big. I don't understand how someone can attempt to press "Answer" and ends up pressing "Reject". Perfect fingers or no. Unless the OP has a severe case of Parkinson's.
For me problem is that when i take phone out of my pocket I occasionally press reject. So maybe swipe to reject could be worth of consideration. Its true that if you have problems pressing right button when its out of pocket then you should be worried

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post: