Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Hi guys

In case you haven't noticed, I can inform you that Koffice viewer (FreOffice) is available in extra-devels (the usual warnings apply).

I just installed it (apt-get install freoffice), and it seems to work (I haven't tested it much though), but it doesn't create a desktop/menu item. You can however launch it from the terminal with "FreOffice".

It seems optified (at least the main parts of the program).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to filologen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
I have just installed it too...

I have a menu icon called Office Viewer (with the "KOffice" icon)... Are You sure You didn't just miss it?

I tried opening a .pps (M$ PowerPoint) file I received in a mail but it said "file type not supported" which seems a bit weird since the description says it support Microsoft Office documents.

Haven't tried anything besides that one filetype, yet...

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
I cannot install, get a libgsf-1 missing panic. where do I get it?
Thanks

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
apt-get install libgsf-1 should do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
resource locked...
Edit: it worked, just need to try a second time

Last edited by onutz; 2010-01-19 at 22:18.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I almost had a heart attack, my n900 blacked out for a few while it was installing..

haha i'm glad to see koffice though, productivity tools was the only thing missing from this phone.

I hope koffice eventually allows us to edit files soon on freoffice. Is fre suppose to mean fremantle or free? =P that'd be office if it was completely free, but i wouldn't mind paying 20 bucks for the full suite

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I think it is free because koffice free.....

Perhaps I'm the only one disappointed from this release...
I read about the viewer to be boundled with the phone 6 months ago; it's been so much time I was expecting a fully functional software and not another crappy VIEWER... the dataviz one is far better freoffice as a viewer with the only drawback not supporting the odf file format.

I think this launch is only useful to dataviz to put on sale an editor without competitors... (google docs, non optified abiword, and non optimized application are not a viable option imho)

The Following User Says Thank You to yupa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by filologen View Post
Hi guys

In case you haven't noticed, I can inform you that Koffice viewer (FreOffice) is available in extra-devels (the usual warnings apply).

I just installed it (apt-get install freoffice), and it seems to work (I haven't tested it much though), but it doesn't create a desktop/menu item. You can however launch it from the terminal with "FreOffice".

It seems optified (at least the main parts of the program).
Where do you get all the dependencies?? What's the address?

I can't view .xls file with this