Notices

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Hi All

I've had my N900 for a couple of weeks now and have been tempted into try to learn how to write my own applications.

My first attempt ever at writing anything more complicated than a bash script or php web page was this Python based MythTV Remote control application.

Essentially it is a simple GTK hildon GUI on top of the Python Myth Front End bindings. It is pretty basic, but seems to work fairly well. At the moment the address of the MythTV front end is hard coded into the Python code. You can also pop open the keyboard and control the MythTv system with the keyboard (though I haven't really tested this).

I thought I would share it here in case anyone with more programming experience than me was inspired to improve it, or at least give me some general pointers on what I have done wrong.

Martin

MythClasses.py is from the MythTV project and is covered by MythTV's GPL? licensing. I share my own code here for free for any purpose.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mythremote.zip (9.8 KB, 142 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Martyman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
hi.

Have you tried this with 0.23.

I'm trying to re-write this to work with Maemo4 on N8x0, and am getting connection refused currently, which I think is down to the python bindings changing.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________