Yes we all know who follow blogosphere and tech news that who might be revealing itablet in 27th this month. So Nokia trying to steal some thunder maybe?
Pocket-lint can reveal that Nokia is to unveil a new mobile phone on Tuesday 26 January - just a day ahead of Apple's media event which promises a tablet device and possible iPhone news.

The launch has been confirmed to Pocket-lint by Nokia's UK boss Mark Loughran at the press event that saw the announcement of free Ovi Maps navigation for Nokia smartphones.

Although we can reveal news of the launch, Nokia's public relations staff stepped in to stop Loughran from unveiling any more details about the new phone.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/3096...one-26-january
http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...ostcount=16190

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
why all these announcements just a few weeks before MWC
nokia are really stepping up there game
I'm sure we'll hear about the N87 and a new maemo device over the coming months

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
why all these announcements just a few weeks before MWC
nokia are really stepping up there game
I'm sure we'll hear about the N87 and a new maemo device over the coming months
The thing that confuses me is the MWC event too. Nokia got big space for it self in Barcelona next to place where they are holding MWC and they have been advertising this for long time in the event page and elsewhere. So i would expect it to be huge event for Nokia like in the previous years.

So do they have truckloads of new Symbian Foundation phones and one new Maemo phone to show or will this event be about OVi store? Wouldn't think it's about OVI store as i'm sure they know what day it is next to this event.

it sounds to me like when they announced the n900 a week or two before Nokia World so it did not hog the Headlines at Nokia World.
Could we be seeing the same thing again?

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
it sounds to me like when they announced the n900 a week or two before Nokia World so it did not hog the Headlines at Nokia World.
Could we be seeing the same thing again?
Yeah i thought that could be possible. I do think that part of the reason N900 got out early was that N900 got leaked totally before the event. Eldar even making a review before it was officially announced

While Maemo is the thing my next Maemo phone will be Maemo 6 and we are not going to see that yet. So example the rumoured 12mpx N87 with Symbian Foundation would be worth to look

Even before N900 was released i got info about the next maemo device.
I even know the code name and few other things. Maemo 6 was too far away at the time for it to be running that but like we know devices get delayed and changed so who knows. Maybe

Even before N900 was released i got info about the next maemo device.
I even know the code name and few other things. Maemo 6 was too far away at the time for it to be running that but like we know devices get delayed and changed so who knows. Maybe
Well example following sites like mobile-review.com you did know before this site about it being Rover and that it actually was a phone

I'm talking about i knew about the N900 successor before N900 was released.
My info was not got from any site was from person who asked me to keep silent.
so cant say no more except its named after another EXPLORER begining with C

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Columbus! Cousteau? Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ austria
Nah, not Columbus, Columbo!