Active Topics

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Is it possible to connect N900 to pc and see on a monitor what you are doing on N900 like you would see if you connect it to a TV? Sorry because i'm making so much threads, but all of this i could do on my N95 8GB.

The Following User Says Thank You to white_ranger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Its very possible. Some monitors have the yellow composite plug built in. This means it acts just like a TV. Others would need a composite to VGA converter.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
or you have a video card installed in your pc which has a video input (the yellow plug). with that you can record any activity with the right software. (for example vlc can do this for free ^^)

Is there an easier way? Like some app or something. I personally think it's possible but i don't know how. I know cuz N900 has that option that let's you record the screen. And if you had some app on a pc and connect N900 via bluetooth i think you'll be able to see. If someone make this work, it would be awesome. Imagine playing games that use accelerometer but there are no cables that makes you feel uncomfortable while holding it.

mhm... there is a VNC-app in the devel-rep, isn't it?

EDIT: "x11vnc"
vnc server to allow remote access to an existing x session.
x11vnc allows one to view remotely and interact with real x displays with any vnc viewer.

Last edited by b666m; 2010-01-22 at 00:25.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
Is there an easier way? Like some app or something.
x11vnc (vnc server) on the tablet and vnc viewer on the PC

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Its very possible. Some monitors have the yellow composite plug built in. This means it acts just like a TV. Others would need a composite to VGA converter.
That's how I connect my N900 to the monitor. I used to use a VGA box for my old monitor. It had 4 inputs so I also connected the PS2, a DVD player etc.

There is no connection to the PC that way though.

i've downloaded and installed x11vnc on the phone, and installed VNC Viewer 4 on pc. What should i do next. Can i connect them over wifi or bluetooth?

it should be possible via usb and wifi.
bluetooth? don't know.

Thanks, but how can i connect them. I need to put the server id in VNC Viewer. How should i find it? And n900 doesn't want to enter x11vnc. why?