Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Hi! I've a little question to all N900 users:

Will be "Nokia/Maemo" your NEXT phone?

My N900 IMEI (serial number part): ********007519*
My answer: NO

All my phones:
Nokia 1610, Nokia 3210, Nokia 6600, Nokia N80, Nokia N95, Nokia 5800XM, Nokia N900

Think about it, Nokia.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
Hi! I've a little question to all N900 users:

Will be "Nokia/Maemo" your NEXT phone?

My N900 IMEI (serial number part): ********007519*
My answer: NO

All my phones:
Nokia 1610, Nokia 3210, Nokia 6600, Nokia N80, Nokia N95, Nokia 5800XM, Nokia N900

Think about it, Nokia.
Another Nokia could definitely be my next one a few years down the road. But only if they do the N900 justice and support it properly, as they did with my previous "mobile computer", the N95-1, which is still getting updates.

Ovi Maps needs to become useful with Navigation, Bluetooth HID support I would like back. Main camera quality needs to be tweaked somehow, and I'd like the front camera to get supported by native applications such as the im communications apps.

For these items I am not willing to pay extra. They should just work.

Other things that would make me even happier:
- Proper native printing from Maemo
- Editing of PDF's
- Editing of Pictures
- Proper editing of MS Office formats
- A good travel software that can store and remember my travel itineraries, hotel bookings and etc. and automatically fetch contact phone numbers for my hotels etc.

For these items I'm fully willing to pay.

With everything above, I'd be in heaven and wouldn't lug my laptop around with me on all client visits.

Last edited by olighak; 2010-01-24 at 13:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
yes definately!
Think about it, Nokia.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
My next phone might be a Nokia.
I'll think about it myself.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona
How is exactly Nokia going to think about it if you don't provide anything to think about?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
i think this could be an interesting poll
for me definately n1000 or whatever

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by suy View Post
How is exactly Nokia going to think about it if you don't provide anything to think about?
There are plenty of suggestions and comments here @ tmo and many other furums nokia can consider implementing into there devices but guess what? Yup, they dont give a rat what you and I think. The only time they care of what we think is when the produced devices become buggy and people start complaining.

Pretty sure my next one will be Nokia, hopefully Maemo, if Nokia doesn't totally botch this up, which I doubt.

What other choices are there anyway?

iPhone is way too closed and the hardware is far from bleeding edge. Apple might surprise this summer, but I think it is more likely they want to continue to rake in profits.

Android I could consider, but it feels kind of "fake open" and somehow my mind repels the thought of "Java == mobile efficiency".

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Definately Maemo!

pdf editing? that sounds kinda perverse... With printing support you'd almost automatically make it trivial to save to pdf, though.

Tags
espoo on you