Active Topics

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Hi everyone, i know Texrat and co are doing their cool Community Outreach scheme , and this is on a similar type line, but was wondering if anyone fancies an N900 meet-up around the south coast area?

I'm in Worthing but happy to travel to Brighton/crawley/london/guildford/portsmouth way.... I'm sure in that catchment area we should have quite a few people?

Was thinking a decent pub and some grub on a weekend?

I'm very interested to see how others use the device, and what people have done to customise etc, also interested in seeing apps i've not got round to testing/looking at yet

I'm very interested in learning how to code, so would love to quiz some coders if there are any about? (Ani lives in London if i remember correctly?)

Anyway, just posting to see how much interest there could be?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Hi everyone, i know Texrat and co are doing their cool Community Outreach scheme , and this is on a similar type line, but was wondering if anyone fancies an N900 meet-up around the south coast area?
Hi noobmonkey,

I'm no longer on the London area, but there's quite a few people over there. Anidel, Jaffa, lardman, lcuk, qwerty12, etc. We've gotten together on a few occasions, the most notable one being for the onedotzero event. I would recommend that you try to stay on top of any events that could interest the folks and then just set up a meeting point.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I was vaguely hatching some idea in the sort of "M4 corridor area" maybe for the May bank Holiday. (As in I'm not supposed to be taking time off before then). Anywhere north of the Tamar is a long way from me, but I'd love to meet up.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I'd be interested in any meetup in London or on the south coast

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I will most probably be relocating to Canada by the end of February...
We can try for a beer around/in London if this happens before the 15th of Feb ?
Anyone available?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I'm up for something, I am in North West London. But I am out of the country from end of March to mid April.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I'd be interested too.
I'm in London and should be free up to the 7th Feb. After that I won't be around till April.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Let's go for a beer, but let's also other organize a proper Maemo-esque event around London / south west coast..

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
i'm up in london on the 12th/13th - but with the misses for a valentines treat! she may be slightly offended if the N900 takes priority hehehe

----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I'd b interested if in London. Bit further south would be more awkward.

Tags
coast, meetup, n900, south