Active Topics

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
hi,

i've got a problem, and i dont know how to solve it.
its only small but i need it for something.
in liqbase i've got a liqcamera module and like the original liqbase it just starts viewing but on the n900 its always showing me full 5mb scanline images which are sluggish to refresh.
i don't need such high resolution imagery and just want to use the same stream the camera preview window uses, its nice and fast.

a number of people have cured this, but i seem to have a bit of a block and cant work out how.

i've got the code to my current camera module here, and i would like someone to patch it to work with the same preview image the camera software uses.

its a simple gstreamer stack at the moment so don't imagine any real problems manipulating it, i just dont know how.

anyone able to help?
http://github.com/lcuk/libliqbase/bl...rc/liqcamera.c

Hi,

not sure, but is libgdigicam the library you are looking for? Have a look at this header-file. It should do the trick.

Daniel

Do you actually use the full res data? If not why not just change one of the caps to produce a smaller frame. Otherwise you need to look at iirc the camerabin gst element.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Well, I found out what was causing the problem \o/
(I've been doing other things since, this hasn't been on my mind the whole time )

I was reading up on some things last night and went tracking the differences.
First, a big thanks to everyone who made suggestions, but the problem appeared from day 1 - infact carried over from the code I used on the n810!

and it was much simpler.

take this example:

Code:
gst-launch v4l2camsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=400,height=240 ! xvimagesink force-aspect-ratio=true
it works nicely and exactly as the live camera view should work

then, look at what I was specifying in liqbase:

Code:
gst-launch v4l2camsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=400,height=240,framerate=[1/25,25/1] ! xvimagesink force-aspect-ratio=true

As you will see, there is a dramatic, noticable difference when I pre-specify a framerate!
which is the amazingly craptastic effect I was experiencing.

Now by simply removing the framerate setting I can show the video flawlessly at around 30fps just as before in original liqbase.
problem with camera is officially dealt with \o/
It did not involve anything generic, just cleaning the simple framerate

you may need to install gstreamer-tools for these examples to work.
( apt-get install gstreamer-tools )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post: