Active Topics

Has anyone noticed the volume of their n900 dropping to an almost inaudible level during calls?

While making a call mine seems to drop and then coming back randomly, it's almost as if the speaker is cutting out...

It doesn't seem to do this when using ear phones, the loud speaker or a headset.

I'm thinking I might have a faulty speaker but the phone is only 1 month old!

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bakersfield, CA
This same thing was happening to me about a month ago. I havent experianced it since. I did nothing at all to solve the problem it just went away. I hope it does the same for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ewagner For This Useful Post:
Cheers buddy... I may book it into the service centre for a new speaker just in case... Until then I guess I'll just keep testing it and see what happens.

Just saw this thread... Sounds like the same problem

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41646

I think this is happening to me as well. Sometimes I notice it if I take the phone away from my ear for a moment to glance at the screen, then put it back, I hear the other person very faintly. At first I thought it might just be how I was positioning the phone against my ear, because after adjusting it for a few seconds, I could hear the person loud and clear again. But it happens often enough that I suspect something might actually be going on with the hardware. I'll see if I can test this more methodically somehow.

The Following User Says Thank You to airjordan17 For This Useful Post:
cheers dude. i noticed moving it away from my ear had an affect on the problem. let me know how your testing goes. i'll try the same tomorrow.

Just an update, but I'm almost certain the volume only drops once conversation has started (i.e. it doesn't drop until after the receiving end has answered the call and the ringing has stopped).

Has anyone else noticed that?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
same here... during calls volume drops annoyingly down.

The Following User Says Thank You to mele For This Useful Post:
Thanks Buddy! The more people that are agreeing! The less worried I am about the issue.

Can anyone remember if the issue was present before the recent .51 update?

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
I also am experiencing this with the .51.

I've re-flashed the device twice (for some of my own development that went awry) and continue to have this audio drop. It also seems that the volume rocker switch directionality was changed in .51 to be more consistent between landscape and portrait.

but I still find myself checking the volume constantly during a call to see if I have set the audio to mute.