Active Topics

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
EDIT: Don't read this opening post, it's not relevant anymore!

Hi,

I was wondering if someone more experienced than me could make a source package of libmpd and upload it to extras-devel. I have tried to do it but I just can't get it to work. The source for libmpd-0.19.0 can be downloaded here. It compiles fine in scratchbox and I have got it to work on N900 too, but I just can't get the source package right. Yesterday I got it to pass autobuilder but when I install the package from repo, nothing useful is really installed, only some docs.

I really need to have this in extras-devel so I can upload my MPD client CuteMPC to extras-devel too. Huge thanks and a lot of respect for the one who does this for me

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that fremantle version is what I need.

Last edited by TNiga; 2010-02-01 at 21:38.

Ok, I think I got it. Just have to try and optify. Thanks for the help mates

I managed to get the files under /opt, but how the hell am I supposed to make symbolic links in /usr/xxx? I've tried to do it in debian/rules and in debian/postinst but no luck.

When I tried to do it in debian/rules like this:
Code:
install: build
        dh_testdir
        dh_testroot
        dh_clean -k
        dh_installdirs

# Add here commands to install the package into debian/tmp
        $(MAKE) DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd install

# optify
        dh_installdirs opt/libmpd/lib/pkgconfig opt/libmpd/include opt/libmpd/doc
        mkdir -p $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/lib $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/include $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/doc
        cp -r $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/* $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/lib/
        cp -r $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/include/libmpd-1.0/* $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/include/
        rm -rf $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/*
        rm -rf $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/include/libmpd-1.0
        ln -s $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.a $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/libmpd.a
        ln -s $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.la $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/libmpd.la
        ln -s $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0 $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/libmpd.so
        ln -s $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0 $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/libmpd.so.1
        ln -s $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0 $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0
        ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/pkgconfig/libmpd.pc $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libmpd.pc
        ln -s $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/opt/libmpd/include $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/include/libmpd-1.0
the symbolic links were created but they pointed at /home/builder2/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/libmpd-0.19.0/debian/libmpd/*
And if I put just ln -s /opt/libmpd/XXX $(CURDIR)/....../XXX autobuilder fails since /opt/libmpd/XXX doesn't exist.

And when I tried to do it in debian/postinst like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Make symbolic links
ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.a /usr/lib/libmpd.a
ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.la /usr/lib/libmpd.la
ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0 /usr/lib/libmpd.so
ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0 /usr/lib/libmpd.so.1
ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0 /usr/lib/libmpd.so.1.1.0
ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/pkgconfig/libmpd.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libmpd.pc
ln -s /opt/libmpd/include /usr/include/libmpd-1.0
nothing happens. Apparently the postinst script isn't executed as I have thought.

How should I do the symlinks? Please help

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bolton, United Kingdom

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Awesome For This Useful Post:
No, I haven't. I was going to try it a couple of days ago but then I forgot. I'll give it a shot if my next attempt fails.

Oh yeah baby it works! The problem was these lines in debian/rules:
Code:
rm -rf $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/*
ln -s /opt/libmpd/lib/pkgconfig/libmpd.pc $(CURDIR)/debian/libmpd/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libmpd.pc
The symlink couldn't be created because I first removed the pkgconfig folder. I really should learn to read autobuilder's error messages to save time and work