Active Topics

sometimes I accidentally press "reject" when I take the phone out of my pocket or case while it is ringing. Is there a way to make it require unlocking of the keys prior to picking up the call?

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
There is a Brainstorm you can vote on here

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-02-05 at 11:42. Reason: adjusting link so it does not force a vote

The Following User Says Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post:
What might work better, instead of unlocking the keys, is to have the proximity sensor turn off the screen when it is ringing. That way, the screen is off when it is still in your in pocket and once its out, it will automatically turn on for you to accept the call.

Originally Posted by unkno View Post
What might work better, instead of unlocking the keys, is to have the proximity sensor turn off the screen when it is ringing. That way, the screen is off when it is still in your in pocket and once its out, it will automatically turn on for you to accept the call.
I've just tested this - that behaviour is already implemented. I think the problem is that keys are being pressed as the device comes out of the pocket.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tamworth, UK
Originally Posted by besides View Post
sometimes I accidentally press "reject" when I take the phone out of my pocket or case while it is ringing. Is there a way to make it require unlocking of the keys prior to picking up the call?
i have too unlock manually to answer think my sensor is dead and itis a pain trust me. it also locks the screen when making a call even though nothing is close to the sensor and if i unlock the keys when iput it too my ear the sensor does not deactivate the screen thing is before the problem i never lost a call too a wrong button press while getting out of my pocket. maybe we should swap phones lol.

Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
I've just tested this - that behaviour is already implemented. I think the problem is that keys are being pressed as the device comes out of the pocket.
Hmm...in that case, a quick solution will be to place the side with proximity sensor into the pocket first. That way, the proximity sensor will still be covered while the phone is coming out of the pocket.

Yeah, I think I do that automatically so I've not had this problem

I have my N900 in a noreve case, and I seem to always reject the call when taking it out of my pocket. It seems that slight pressure on the screen side of the case triggers the reject softkey.

Very annoying. There should be an option to require the lock switch to be flicked to enable the touchscreen when it is ringing., IMO.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fnordianslip For This Useful Post: