Active Topics

Notices

self explanatory, just checked it out. took a few kbs on rootfs not a biggie. phone app lacks a detailed call log especially when the same person calls. it also can arrange it in dialled, recieved,missed calls. worth loading

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
hi

what does this program change exactly?
  • the way data is logged in the ~/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db database?
    • if yes: what additiional data is logged, and is it done with the API or by accessing the database directly?
  • the way data is displayed in the phone-app?

I just used the hack here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42624 which modifies the database, and I would like to try it out a few days before rolling back the changes

thx
hcm

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
wow this was great.
killer app!
the only thing missing is duration. but maybe in future release?

The Following User Says Thank You to Soap77 For This Useful Post:
I'm the developer of extended call log. Basically it's just a different front end for the rtcomm-eventlogger-ui library which is used for most of the maemo logs. I just display all calls instead of the grouped list in the phone log.

In this version, I only display the last 30 calls. This is configurable via gconf and I'll add a UI setting for it in the next version.

Also, to view extra details of a call (contact number, account) you have to double click on the call. I've to do some work to figure out how to make it work on single click.

For people that asked about call times. As this isn't available by default in the database I can't display it. Enough votes for this bug might make it possible after the next update.

It should be optified to take no space from rootfs, but I'll take a look to make sure I'm doing the optification properly.

Last edited by matrim; 2010-01-30 at 03:27.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to matrim For This Useful Post:
I've released v0.2 of extended call log today and pushed it to extras-testing

The changes in v0.2 are

* Added a UI to set the number of calls to display
* Fixed an issue with the icons

For the number of calls I recommend to keep this kind of reasonably low unless you specifically need to look at older calls. If this is a high number it can introduce a delay when loading the calls

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matrim For This Useful Post:
okay, so how does this work? i installed it then went to my contacts communication history and all i see is my out-going calls and out-going text. And that has always been there. No incoming calls or incoming texts shown.

So i went and made few calls from my phone and called my self from my house phone, hoping that it will show up multiple time instead of showing only the last call.

Am i doing something wrong here? is there something i need to configure inorder to see this. please help me out with this. zhow do i see multiple calls on my phone instead of the "last" made or recieved.

Thanks

Last edited by phuongymy; 2010-03-06 at 09:54.

Did u click on the default call log icon or the extended call log icon which should bee there after the installation?

i think im doing something wrong here. Its installed for sure but im getting confused where to go and check this. Maybe, you can post couple of pictures? please

Originally Posted by Soap77 View Post
wow this was great.
killer app!
the only thing missing is duration. but maybe in future release?
If detailed "call duration" is added then this App is what the original call log should be.

Great job by the way. Kudos

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I agree, the communication history only shows limited info after inastalling extended call. I am uninstalling mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post: