Active Topics

Notices

I was hoping we could compile a list of Music players that sync support for the N900.

I've tried the following so far;

Songbird
doubleTwist

and both have been extremely buggy.

I'm curious to know if there are any other media managers I can use, and if any of them are less crash prone than the two listed above.

Any Linux music manager would be greatly appreciated

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 214 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cape town
Have you tried the latest Songbird beta? It works fine for me with a ~700 song media library. However, I'm still search for that solution that would let me sync play counts / ratings across too...

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
btw. I´m not sure what sync means when we are talking about portable music player.

Does it meant that program loads/shows devices current music files and if you remove them from applications list and add more and then press sync button it synchronizes files (deletes, copies files and also updates modified tags) to device.

I´m not sure but have you tried mediamonkey

I heard songbird works just fine with the N900 in mass storage mode. Just one but that the first sync wipes your library off your phone.

I have not tried it yet because I just use drag & drop in mass storage mode but I am using songbird as my player now since I wanted to see what its like and its a really neat player how it has multi layered filtering.

Originally Posted by cb22 View Post
Have you tried the latest Songbird beta? It works fine for me with a ~700 song media library. However, I'm still search for that solution that would let me sync play counts / ratings across too...
I have indeed. I have a HUGE music library and it crashed continuously when trying to sync a ful 32gb of music

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 214 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cape town
Originally Posted by jaxxstorm View Post
I have indeed. I have a HUGE music library and it crashed continuously when trying to sync a ful 32gb of music
Wow, that's a lot of music. Why not give something like rsync a shot?

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Me I have a 18gb music. I use songbird to I only transfert using mass storage copy and paste the whole thing. I sync the playlist. by doing this it is not the best but it work.