Active Topics

Hey can someone quickly tell me how can I sync my Google Calendar with my N900 .. ? I managed to do it once before by looking at some tutorial in the forums here but I can't find it anymore .. It had to do something with downloading some google file and loading it in the N900 .. It was also one sided only (Google Calendar --> N900), but I'm not complaining ..

If someone can inform me of the above method again (as I can't find it anymore), or let me know of any better syncing method (possibly which can sync both ways), I'd be very grateful ..

Also, my syncing requirement is for only the Google Calendar, not contacts, or bookmarks or anything like that (although I don't mind having these extra options!) ...

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to stiggyson For This Useful Post:
I had problems following Google-help rules, so I started using as "intermediate" a free NuevaSync account (www.nuevasync.com), and it works fine.

You have to use
http://www.nuevasync.com/

go to their website and look at their instructions.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Varberg, Sweden
With the latest firmware MfE using Google's settings seems to work fine for me at least. Just remember not to sync e-mails that way or it will likely stall..

Nuevasync works fine as well though, but the free account is limited.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
MFE does the job for me for calendar, I can't sync contacts though with it

MFE is not a solution it is a hit and miss approach. it does not work consistently.

MfE does not work for me, but maybe that is because I already have entries in my main calendar, and the first guide mentioned in this thread requires an empty calendar in the N900 for MfE to work ..

I will try this Nuevasync method then ..

How do I configure my Nokia N900 for Nuevasync ? They only provide details for iCrap and Windows

Mail for Exchange works fine for google calendar for me. just calendar, not contacts. device is set to overwrite google's cloud calendar. so far no problems!

i've heard good things about nuevasync also. however i got the native email app working with my gmail and MfE working for calendar so i didn't see the need for a third party solution.

used this link for both email + calendar sync:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...8dea5ed7&hl=en