Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Quite a few postings question the video quality of N900 TV out............seeing is believing, judge yourself

To get an idea of the screen size: it is 66 in X 108 in, average adult man 66", so the screen is roughly 1 man height vertical X 1.5 human height horizontal. The desk in front of it is a 96 inch desk. And kind of difficult to find, the rectangular thing on the desk right in the middle of the last pic, is an Acer One netbook; took it with a roll of bathroom tissue paper and a CD for size comparison. The CD is sitting on top of the bathroom tissue. Can somebody locate the position of the bathroom tissue and CD in the last pic?

System setting: N900 > VCR > winPC Vista > projector > 1:1 output

Enjoy, and decide for your self. For me, it is NO difference than watching my analog TV on the giant screen. Correct, I said NO visual difference, both in video quality as well as smoothness. But my cable TV does not have Italian soccer, German beer festival, or French Wine catalogue, nor Beijing China and Hong Kong cuisine - > you got all this from the newly launched WorldTV99, JustWatch!

If you study the pic carefully, you may notice the WorldTV99 I have it on the screen is NOT the one you are running. Interesting...

Looking at the desk, you all can see I am a busy person, right?

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-08 at 18:33.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
As always, an useful post from Bun

What projector and screen were they?

Btw, yes, U are a busy man

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Screen from newegg.com 3 yrs old: Elitescreens with IR remote, company has very good service; 1st screen damaged during shipping, they just sent me one free, and did not ask to return the damaged one. I think I paid $275. Installation is a breeze, even with my mediocre craftmanship.

Projector is an acer 530 something, I dont want to move it..........it is kind of difficult to re- position. I will try to dig out from the receipt.... it is also 3 yrs old. And also highly recommend. $500 3 yrs back (maybe 2 yrs back, it is kind of too cheap to be true?)

Did you find the bathroom tissue and the CD for size comparison?

more questions please ...........

Edit: projector $550.00 buy.com, 9/07, about 2 1/2 yrs acer PH530 DLP
Audio: Onkyo HT-R530 7 speaker home theatre system $500? 5 yrs old
Samsung sir-T451 Digital TV set top box $450? 3 yrs old
HAVA platinum system $109 2 yrs old
HP desktop PC $700 media center 2 yrs old
Samsung VCR 29 years old $149, still working. I used this as my analog TV tuner, I guess it is now digital? Wow, inventory ~ $2,400 in 3 years, thank god, my miss does not frequent this forum
Now with the N900............

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-07 at 06:13.

how do u get it to show such high quality?? When i plug into my TV (HDTV), the pictures (screen) seems to be painted. Not clear as i want.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Now I have to try out WorldTV99...!

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
how do u get it to show such high quality?? When i plug into my TV (HDTV), the pictures (screen) seems to be painted. Not clear as i want.
Absolutely NO tricks used, Just plug it in. Projector output is 1:1!

I have to agree with you, the video quality and its smooth playing is jaw dropping. Just to remind one more time, the screen is a tard taller than myself, and the video quality, though not HD, is similar to analog TV, very watchable.

GIGO, was the screen looked good on the N900? Are they black and white? If so, you may have plugged into component while N900 is supposed composite. WorldTV99 is using clips for the desktop. In the early version, we did have channels made for the cellphone, and those, when blow up, are UNWATCHABLE, I have since deleted all those "mobile/cellphone channels"

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-07 at 06:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Tried it on my Pana TH-46PZ85 and I must admit it's looking pretty awesome...!

My girlfriend saw it too and demanded that I installed it on her N900 too...

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:

Tags
giant screen, kmplayer, projector, tv-out, worldtv99