I completely emptied my battery, the phone turned off by it self, and now i cant turn it on, it's been on charger for about an hour. no response at all. no water, pressures, or anything else has been applied to it. it just was sitting in my front pocket. I turned it on again after it turned off once, then i turned it off and went to sleep. and now i can't turn it on.

Originally Posted by dawchiks View Post
I completely emptied my battery, the phone turned off by it self, and now i cant turn it on, it's been on charger for about an hour. no response at all. no water, pressures, or anything else has been applied to it. it just was sitting in my front pocket. I turned it on again after it turned off once, then i turned it off and went to sleep. and now i can't turn it on.
Hmm.. when you plug in the charger does the led light up? Do you get any sign of life?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
No front light whatsoever? I know I have read somewhere that someones phone bricked totally when the battery emptied. One way to get it to live would be to charge it in a different phone. Do you use the provided charger?

no, no sign of life at all, using the provided charger/usb cable (tried both)

Last edited by dawchiks; 2010-02-06 at 22:46.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
remove battery and put it in again and try to charge

It uses a fairly common battery...try charging it in another phone..
could be a problem though

tried to take out the battery a few times. lol, none of my friend's phones have this kind of battery.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
try removing the batt and reinsert it again,then turn it on....weird but may work

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Try starting it and if the screen turns on quickly insert the charger.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
take your sim card and memory card out then charge the n900. sometimes the device shut itself down to prevent any damage or data curruption to your addons.