Active Topics

I really need your help maemo talk....

Ever since i bought my n900 all these rude ****s keep picking up my phone and trying to play with it whenever i leave it unguarded for 30 seconds or more (which is pretty ****ing rude). All iphone users seem to then think that because I bought an n900 and not an iphone I am trying to personally insult them and then then they get all defensive and try and pick arguments with me but because they have no idea about technology it's impossible to explain to them what a n900 is and why it's good and eventually I end up here starting this thread.

Anyway I need to start password locking my phone but not sure how the device lock option in settings seems to be for something else. Anyone know how I can do this?? or any other creative ways to keep these apple ****ing idiots to leave me the **** alone

yah u can do that by just pressing power button on the top and it will say secure device and enter password 12345 as default password.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sukhjj For This Useful Post:
ok thats pretty helpful a bit annoying that you need to type your password in everytime to lock it. would be cool if someone made a locking app.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
if you go to setting and turn on autolock, you dont have to enter the lock code to lock it, only to unlock. You can also have it automatically lock after 5 minutes of unuse

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by jamesla View Post
you need to type your password in everytime to lock it.
you don't, and it would be a bad idea. Just set your password, then use it only for unlocking. Power button > secure device is enough the next times. It shows the lock pad but that's just if you want to unlock the device.
when you tap the button "secure device", it shows "device locked". When you type your code, you're back to the home screen and you can use the N900 again.

and I'd suggest a better password than 12345, too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to choubbi For This Useful Post:
First of all, stop leaving a €600 device laying around!
Second of all, you have some weird people around you going all emotional about your phone choice
You can change the default code and autolock in the setings btw..

or did you mean a lock to lockdown individual applications such as conversations, photos etc. i had the same problem with the iphone unlock it for someone to check the phone out and next they will be going through all my sms and personal stuff, jailbreaking solved this through madvlock. Is there a similar app available for N900 to lock down individual apps, im having the same problem?