Hi,

I am hoping that manufacturers will soon start making some custom back covers for the n900. Here are my ideas for things that would be an improvement;

full length kickstand
make the camera lens cover clear on the LEDS for easy use of flashlight
maybe include a digital compass or even an old fashioned analogue one
provide a micro usb slot extension via ribbon to n900 usb port to save wear and tear on n900 usb port (note this could help the digital compass comms and power)

Please anyone else suggest ways that the back cover could be improved by such an accessory

Loving the n900 so far

Ben

The Following User Says Thank You to benh_n900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
don't make the lens-cover turquoise on the flash-side because it's responsible for the hazy images we all are suffering from xD
just keep it all black
(the chrome ring is ok ^^)

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
room for a large battery. even with +2mm near lens cover edge we get a lot of mAs and air bubble application will be more precise

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I like you idea of the full sized kick stand, and the clear lens cover of where the flash is.

i'm sure a full sized kick stand would make it more bulkier, but i don't mind as long as it doesn't protrude more then the existing camera lens cover, and kick stand.

I would also like to suggest having an aluminum brush metal back cover kinda like what you see on the e71. I'm not sure if that's possible though, because i assume the back cover needs to be slightly flexible to be removable.

Either way i'm hoping for more options for back covers in the future whether it be from ebay or direct from nokia, as long as it's affordable and good quality i'll buy

i have a full powered laser cutter/etcher at work and can etch anything anywhere on your phone.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Originally Posted by Jnolcox View Post
i have a full powered laser cutter/etcher at work and can etch anything anywhere on your phone.
Actually the back cover is PVC, isn't it? You'll fill your laser with hydrochloric acid fumes, though you probably already know that.

As for the back covers, I'd like to see an improved camera ring as mentioned above, plus room for more battery, plus tiny threaded holes for attaching my own hacked stuff.

very good suggestions.
I'd also suggest.
small rotating bar on landscape kickstand, or double kickstand, for portrait mode. variable tilt angle in landscape so you can use phone as a morning alarm clock and weather display. small ribbon to convert to external microsd card slot.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
The mugen battery for n900 is 2400mAh strong - surely good enough fr even the most hardcore user. Too fat for me and also 88 dollars too costly for the fat. Order here http://shop.eten.hu/mugen-power-noki...tery-door.html

I just want the original one because mine is broken now.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I want some colors, rather than the dull black.
Look at how many back cover/case designs for iPhone, that make me jealous.. the only thing I'm jealous about iPhone.