Active Topics

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Right now, N900 can either have touch screen feedback ON or OFF.

But I would actually like to only have touch scren feedback on certain parts of the phone such as only when touching on icons, shortcuts, bookmarks, contacts on desktop.

Or even better would be only when pressing an actual "button" or a "selection: and not "whenever touchscreen is touched".
My friend's Samsung phone is like that and that is much better than the N900's implementation.

Maybe even just activate the touch feedback when certain process is running would be awesome. (such as when phone app is running)

Is this even remotely possible on the N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Interesting thought. Personally I turned Haptic feedback off as I just found it annoying. The idea of using it as 'Rumblepac' affair is a good one. I'm thinking collissions in the middle of a game etceteras. Think a trip to the development API and some reading is in store.

Anyone know if theire is an API call for the internal haptic feedback that allows this level of control?

Would be fine to have such an option. I think that this would be a think for Maemo to have in the future for sure. The community could wourk on such king of subject.

btw, I do have another thread on how to tune the feedback "feel".
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39320

But it does get annoying that it vibrates whenever the screen is touched.
It needs to be a bit more intelligent on when to give feedback imho.

Bump. I'm assuming this may not be possibe? No one knows?

I think that shouls not be difficult to program an application about this. May such an application coul give ideas and experience for future developments...