Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Is there any way to go 'Back' when browsing in portrait mode in the browser? Only way I can see is to go back to landscape.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I slide up the keyboard, but only in little steps so that I can press the back button without making the Browser think that I've opened the keyboard. That said, shortcutd has an option to allow for a half-press of the shutter button to be interpreted as "back" in the browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I slide up the keyboard, but only in little steps so that I can press the back button without making the Browser think that I've opened the keyboard.
I thought to try this before but couldn't manage it - will try again.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
That said, shortcutd has an option to allow for a half-press of the shutter button to be interpreted as "back" in the browser.
More extras-devel!

Thanks though.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

I'll go for the ShortcutD solution. It works fine for me.