why is there nothing can be sent except pictures via Files Manager in Nokia N900?
I fail to find sth like "share this file" or "sand this file".
only in the photo, i see "share"..
how can i send my documents to my friends?
you do have reasons for helping me..

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by noneof View Post
why is there nothing can be sent except pictures via Files Manager in Nokia N900?
I fail to find sth like "share this file" or "sand this file".
only in the photo, i see "share"..
how can i send my documents to my friends?
you do have reasons for helping me..
You can usually only share pics/vids with services like twitter, facebook, pixelpipe, etc
For documents you can either use email or a bluetooth connection.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Try petrovich.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuXer For This Useful Post:
http://thenokiablog.com/2010/01/12/n...ich-pixelpipe/
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

nokia doesn't allow users to send files

I'm sending vid and pics to both flickr and FB. And can access the n900 vie usb or bluetooth to swap files...... I can send a file to some one via IR/BT... I can sen this message from it all at the same time i might add

nokia doesn't allow users to send files
I wouldn't say that is a nokia policy, per se, I can send files on their symbian phones. I kind of feel like with the tablet series, Nokia intentionally leaves bits undeveloped to get us all to do the work in somewhat ingenious ways that their enginerring department would not necessarily think of.

When we are limited in some way, we usually not only break it, but break it wide open

Think about it, would they advertise availability of root and think that leaving out sending files via BT would stop anything at all?

Same thing with the FM receiver. Nokia has plenty of engineers that could make an fm radio app in no time at all, but they release with no fm radio app.

The one thing I am REALLY waiting for from the community is stuff for the front facing camera. Imagine if you can sip or skype or gtalk video call with video out to TV...I have faith

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
I wouldn't say that is a nokia policy, per se, I can send files on their symbian phones. I kind of feel like with the tablet series, Nokia intentionally leaves bits undeveloped to get us all to do the work in somewhat ingenious ways that their enginerring department would not necessarily think of.

When we are limited in some way, we usually not only break it, but break it wide open

Think about it, would they advertise availability of root and think that leaving out sending files via BT would stop anything at all?

Same thing with the FM receiver. Nokia has plenty of engineers that could make an fm radio app in no time at all, but they release with no fm radio app.

The one thing I am REALLY waiting for from the community is stuff for the front facing camera. Imagine if you can sip or skype or gtalk video call with video out to TV...I have faith
thx for ur reply

"The one thing I am REALLY waiting for from the community is stuff for the front facing camera. Imagine if you can sip or skype or gtalk video call with video out to TV...I have faith "

i believe the next Firmware will support the function

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
"The one thing I am REALLY waiting for from the community is stuff for the front facing camera. Imagine if you can sip or skype or gtalk video call with video out to TV...I have faith "

i believe the next Firmware will support the function
Unfortunately, unless you work for Nokia or heard that from any credible Nokia employee, your guess is as good as anyone elses'