As maemo project is closed
and N900 is part of Nokia Internet Tablet series
for developers by Nokia + developers,
is it not a good idea to recall N900 from shopping malls
for review, upgrades by Nokia service,
to be offered via direct sale channels to developers only.

Acting that way Nokia could be protected from violation of consumer product's , software product's quality standards, set by Department of Commerce, GSMA and other respective bodies, protecting consumers' rights.

Nokia Internet Tablet is an excellent product, Linux-Debian gadget
donated by Nokia to Linux community.

Nokia Internet Tablet, N900, N810, N800, Nokia 770 series
is not a final product intended for general consumer,
so recalling N900 from shopping malls by Nokia is a good move,
as Maemo project has just been officially closed and replaced by another project.

Nokia - Intel alliance is about processors + mobile Linux,
so chances for the further support for maemo - based products are low if any.

Moving N900 to direct sale channels open to Linux developers
is an excellent idea, not hurting relations between investors and Nokia, listed as a public company.

To meet GSMA standards, any product called and named as a GSM phone, must be reliable and show full range of features known from GSM standards set by GSMA.

What comes to a market is a product in development phase,
so it should be donated, sold risk-free to developers, via direct sale pre-order channels only.

Otherwise, going to an open market with half-finished GSM product in development phase may hurt business relations of Nokia with investors and raise questions about software development quality standards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darius2006 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
what the?!?!?!.....

That made no sense whatsoever.....

I'm not even going into most of it, but the first line was wrong!
As maemo project is closed

really? are you sure?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I could have a long list of what the original iPhone and my dumb phones can't do, but obvioulsy, they were not recalled.

Yeah dude what are you on about ?

what funcionality does it miss to be called a gsm?

Am i missing something when was the N900 recalled ?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
...N900, N810, N800, Nokia 770...
Thank you for not putting an "N" on the front of "770". So many people mistakenly tack an "N" on there, and it's refreshing to see someone get it right.

I do wish your attention to detail in regards to the first Maemo device's name extended to the rest of your posting, but I won't belabor that. I want to focus on the positive.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
eh the maemo project isn't closed (entirely...) They are just merging maemo with moblin everything, else doesnt really make sense...then again this community is extremely small o.o, there's barely any applications that work fully; most things has glitches and there's bugs and problems in almost every app...how many months has it been? why havent we seen major companies/developers making stuff for this phone yet? where are the fun and graphical games from big name companies? Are the emulators ever gonna run full speed? Anyway I personally feel that with all things said and done the n900 is going down hill from now on.

Another bad thing done by nokia was releasing a new OS on a very expensive device. The price should have been $400 - $500. Anyway meego should compensate for this error....should

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
where are the fun and graphical games from big name companies?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lHPX_iHKs&feature=sub

Coming - ok well not big names, but big games (Well i think so!)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

GSM standards?

So, you're saying my GSM gate opener that's installed on the main gate to my property should be recalled, because it doesn't have all the GSM features a phone would have?

Cracka! Please.

Yes, I'm white.