Hey guys,

few months ago i was on a debate on either the n900 or the e72 b4 it was released. Now that i got my n900 i absolutely love it. But thing is that i miss the "phone" functionality of my n95 which lacks on the n900 at the moment. I'm thinking about getting a e72 to complete my need. I love the e series build. it's so solid. Anyways i gave my n95 8gb away so i have no other phone to fall back on ... I'm thinking of getting the e72 but after hearing all these new symbian stuff coming out should i wait for e73 or something? and No im not waiting for meego because i already have my n900 ... i want something solid like the e71,e72 stainless steel build.

unless PR1.2 brings some major updates and features to the table... then i'll reconsider buying another device or not ...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
It's completely up to you bud. I think e72 would be a good phone than N900. Beside it last you longer without recharging every night like we all did with our N900.

There is no certain of what PR1.2 will bring yet. We all not knowing when it will be coming out either. But I guess it is never be wrong to have more than 1 phone

be safe than sorry. Just like condoms, better to have more than one in the wallet, as a precaution for emergency usage when you need it.

I don't know man. After hearing all new things nokia is going to bring ... I dont know if i should invest in it now ... or should i wait ... since symbian ^3 is coming out ... the fp2 on e72 might become obsolete?

I had E71 it was proper! I only bought N900 because I lost it. You're right, build quality and form factor are very appealing, I just don't see why you want to carry around 2 phones. You don't think the N900 phone functionality will be improved with firmware updates?

Originally Posted by fareastcoast View Post
I had E71 it was proper! I only bought N900 because I lost it. You're right, build quality and form factor are very appealing, I just don't see why you want to carry around 2 phones. You don't think the N900 phone functionality will be improved with firmware updates?
N900 to me is a great tablet but as far as phone functionality it's not so great .. therefore i feel the need to carry two devices lol ... it's like people carry a phone and a mp3/ipod with them .. that's how i feel.

Don't do it, don't buy the E72 its pants - th E71 is a far more pleasing phone to use, especially if your reasonably speedy at texting or just using the keys to navigate round within software apps.

Personally i love my N900 , yes its got missing functions one would expect these days (for me glitch free MMS and google latitude - not versions from devel/extras)

I have owned N70 - great, reliable but old, N95 not bad but chunky & outdated, N97 the worst ever Nokia , E71 - performance & reliability in a stanless steel shell and recently E72 - yes its got a 5GB camera but its sloooooow, the poor thing cant put the letters on the screen as quickly as u can type them,this leads u to get frustrated by its intuitive spelling attempts etc. Also the menus were slow (esp compared to N900 or E71) and the optical navi key just an ill thoiught up gimic to try and rival roller balls on blackberrys etc. i could go on - but sold E72 for £180 on ebay which was too much for a pile of cack.

N900 rocks. Period.

Many business features of the Eseries have been "ported" to the Nseries recently, like the N97/mini (but unfortunately those phones themselves pretty much suck). If you need this functionality, I'd say wait for the N8 (12MP, HD rec, HDMI, S^3), which will be released in Q3 this year. However, I have no idea when it will be officially announced...

Originally Posted by mark01 View Post
Don't do it, don't buy the E72 its pants - th E71 is a far more pleasing phone to use, especially if your reasonably speedy at texting or just using the keys to navigate round within software apps.

Personally i love my N900 , yes its got missing functions one would expect these days (for me glitch free MMS and google latitude - not versions from devel/extras)

I have owned N70 - great, reliable but old, N95 not bad but chunky & outdated, N97 the worst ever Nokia , E71 - performance & reliability in a stanless steel shell and recently E72 - yes its got a 5GB camera but its sloooooow, the poor thing cant put the letters on the screen as quickly as u can type them,this leads u to get frustrated by its intuitive spelling attempts etc. Also the menus were slow (esp compared to N900 or E71) and the optical navi key just an ill thoiught up gimic to try and rival roller balls on blackberrys etc. i could go on - but sold E72 for £180 on ebay which was too much for a pile of cack.

N900 rocks. Period.
I thought of getting the e71 but the e71 prices are still high to me knowing that the e72 is out now. e71 is about 250 ... and e72 is about 300 on a good deal ... lol hmmm i would think that the e72 has the 600mhz processor would be faster than e71?

Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
Many business features of the Eseries have been "ported" to the Nseries recently, like the N97/mini (but unfortunately those phones themselves pretty much suck). If you need this functionality, I'd say wait for the N8 (12MP, HD rec, HDMI, S^3), which will be released in Q3 this year. However, I have no idea when it will be officially announced...
well i hope it has similar build quality as eseries ... but yea those specs sounds promising...

My better half has the E72, she loves it, it replaced her N95 classic, she finds it easyer to use due to the qwerty, its the first qwerty shes had.
Its alot faster than her old N95, the UI is smooth and fast, build quality is first rate, it looks great next to the N900.
Im due an upgrade Monday here in the UK, quess what its going to be? yes a silver Nokia E72 to compliment my N900.
IMO its well worth the £300 pounds.