Notices

Hi, all. I contacted Bambuser (a Qik competitor) and asked about support for Maemo/N900. Here's the reply I got:

Thanks for getting in contact. We're constantly working on extending our device and platform support and it's our intention to add support also for the N900 eventually as well. However, I can't give you any specific details on when this can be expected. Meanwhile we can offer you the browser-based live streaming function, using your web-cam or DV camera and hope you'll stay tuned for updates regarding the N900.
I tried the Flash/browser based option, but it didn't work, so I sent back this message:

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the browser based option that you mentioned, but even when I opened the camera before going to the website, and allowing the Flash element access to my cam and mic when asked, it was not able to detect my camera. So that was unfortunately of no use. I hope this is something you can fix easily.
Let's see what happens. I hope you will also contact different app creators and ask them to support Maemo!

Originally Posted by forteller View Post
I tried the Flash/browser based option, but it didn't work, so I sent back this message:
I have also tried this but it doesn't work because camera support is disabled in the Flash plugin.

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...flash_plug-in/

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ London
Here you go!

Bambuser for Maemo 5 now at ovi store!

Bambuser

I tried it and it works very well.

Nice!

The Following User Says Thank You to Marklar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
register direct in site http://bambuser.com/

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
This is really brilliant service, and maemo app works great also! Only problem is that you need atleast 384-512 kbps upload speed to get some quality to the video stream..