Active Topics

Dear all,

I have a Lighting control software called a "Hog3pc" this software control our lighting fixtures during a show.
One of the options this software can do is to act as a client console to the main lighting console using a wifi.

Here is the link to download the software:
http://www.flyingpig.com/support/downloads/Hog3PC.shtml

My question is, how can i make the N900 run this software and act as a client via wifi ?

I can do this with the VNC but it need an aditional Laptop and its the vnc not very comfortable to use.

I will be very greatful and thenk you guys a lot if you can halp me here.

Thanks Again

A.C.

You would need wine to run a windows program on the N900 and as far as I know nobody has ported it. So you are probably out of luck unless you watn to reverse engineer their protocol and then write a client on your own.

You would also need an emulator to provide the PC architecture that Wine and your program needs.

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
something ive been experimenting with although without much success yet is qemu. you could, in theory, run windows software inside x86 wine on top of qemu-i386. however, qemu doesnt seem to work on the n900. maybe its something to do with my setup i dont know. will try to resolve all that when i have more time. if it turns out its qemu being buggy on the n900 i will try to find the time to debug the source. but anyhow, if i have success with qemu i will post my results.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Did this ever get anywhere? I have been searching for ages and cannot find a port of qemu designed to run on maemo...

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Try bochs, it's similar to qemu - and both would be so damn slow running windows that it would be a pain to use.

http://www.tuug.fi/~toni/serendipity...-for-N900.html