I got a Hotmail account, and its full of spam.

It doesnt seem to sync with my Hotmail account and on the phone. If I deleted 40 emails from the account on the web, a day later I still have these 40 emails in the N900.

I usually have to delete the emails 1 by 1.

How can you select multiple emails at once??

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Aaland Islands
Go to your inbox, select "delete messages" from the top menu then you can select and delete.

The Following User Says Thank You to snookh For This Useful Post:
The only shortcut I actually know is Ctrl+A for selecting all the elements at once.

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Tap on the menu bar (on the top right near the X) and from the menu choose "delete". Select all the emails you want deleted and tap the button on the top. Gone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
what about marking the emails as read coz first time I opened hotmail in n900 through email application, all the emails in my inbox were showed as new messages so started looking for that option but couldn't find so started going thru one by one just to stop the application from showing that many unread messages though they were already read.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
what about marking the emails as read coz first time I opened hotmail in n900 through email application, all the emails in my inbox were showed as new messages so started looking for that option but couldn't find so started going thru one by one just to stop the application from showing that many unread messages though they were already read.
I'm very new to how the n900 handles hotmail... you can start by pressing and holding on an email to mark it as unread...

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
I'm very new to how the n900 handles hotmail... you can start by pressing and holding on an email to mark it as unread...
thanks for the reply but that becomes unsuable when there are many emails as it showed all the emails in my inbox as new at first.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
while we're at it: is it possible to mark all unread emails as read at once?
i know this has been asked before in another thread, but i dont know if this was answered...

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by msa View Post
i know this has been asked before in another thread, but i dont know if this was answered...
I need this answer also !
For what I know it is possible to make multiple delete of email but not multiple selection to mark as read the emails !!

This is another aspect of how poor is the email client Modest ...

I hope Nokia dev team will improve it soon because it is really too basic and it is missing many options/features....and since Nokia said that N900 is an internet tablet and not a phone, they have should implemented top level class SW for email, calendar ecc... instead we have the worst basic SW of all the Nokia phones and devices (even the old symbian OS have better mail client).

Why any Guru from Maemo community does not work on improving those aspects I really don't understand...we badly need them, even more than OVI MAps or other things.

Hoping to see some news soon about these aspects...
Regards,
SkyEagle

Originally Posted by msa View Post
and here too as I was asking the same thing and I'm hoping it will get answered.