Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I've been browsing the web on my N900 all morning and only now when I returned to www.youtube.com did I noticed the mobile version of the site was loaded by default. I made sure my URL was correct, cleared the cache, even restarted the device but MicroB constantly loads the mobile version.

I've noticed at the bottom of www.youtube.com you have the options:

Mobile | Desktop

Mobile is selected. I do not remember making this selection nor can I undo it. The browser is irresponsive to me selecting Desktop. Can you guys test this on your device.

I use youtube quite heavily and really dislike the mobile version. Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
could be something to do with your USER AGENT on the microb browser, thats what website servers use to redirect you to mobile versions, have you changed that recently??

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

Originally Posted by starman View Post
could be something to do with your USER AGENT on the microb browser, thats what website servers use to redirect you to mobile versions, have you changed that recently??
I thought the same thing but I haven't tinkered with anything. It was fine one moment and changed the next. Other websites which also provide mobile versions of their sites open as usual.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yes I notice it Google.com keep switching me back to Mobile Google sometimes before. I think some website like google has a detection of the name of the browser. And when it found microB as the name it just switch to Mobile version automatically.

By passing is easy just get rid of google/m "m", at the end and clear your cookies and cache.

I have experienced this but bi-passed it by putting Googles main site as my bookmark.

Originally Posted by radiosw View Post
I have experienced this but bi-passed it by putting Googles main site as my bookmark.
google for me opens fine. it's just youtube. and if i change it back to www.youtube.com, MicroB automatically changes it to http://m.youtube.com

Solved it.

My Vodafone UK device has two internet connections
- GPRS
- WAP

When connecting using WAP, it was being very shy and trying to reduce the bandwidth (but why?). I am now connected using the GPRS connection and it fixed it.

I did a speedtest.net check on the WAP and i was getting 5.2MP/s download speeds. I imagine WAP being so outdated - MicroB thought to speed things up by loading the m.youtube.com version.

As for why my vodafone SIM card loads up these two old outdated access points, I have no idea. But the speeds are 3G as under the reception bar the indicators state this.

Does anyone else in the Uk, have the same two access points?

I will check as I too am on Vodafone, yep two access points. Will test that out after work

I dont think there's a speed difference; more likely that one of them has a proxy and the other does not or something similar so that devices with limited capabilities can be catered for. Also, for example, one them may be used for sending MMS whereas the other cannot..

I got the same issue. All these months it was all fine but just yesterday when i tried to load http://www.facebook.com it loads http://m.facebook.com/.I tried reflashing, rebooting several times,erasing history,cache,cookies, but no sucess. I even tried with WiFi and 3G but the problem persists..some! please help. Its annoying using mobile sites on your internet tablet.