Active Topics

Was wondering, I planned on buying a set of portable speakers like the type you can dock an Ipod onto. I've found one that supports any MP3 player with the 3.5mm connector. But, I want one that has a remote you can use with it, to control the music on your n900 from a distance. Is this possible ? I saw in another thread you can use the Wiimote as a bluetooth gamepad or remote control. Anyone else tried this ?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
The N900 is easy as it supports AVRCP, so you can use bluetooth devices which support that. Loads on Ebay, which you can plug some headphones into. I'm sure that a hack could then not direct the audio to the bluetooth device.

bluemaemo
ivt bluesoleil

Originally Posted by rsegerda@sina.com View Post
bluemaemo
ivt bluesoleil
i think that the thread maker are talking about controlling the n900 with something and not using the n900 to control a PC

thats happening a lot to me, i use my n900 with the tv cable to watch movies, and i need a remote control for my cell phone :P

sadly, the n900 doesnt have an infrared input

i dont know any alternatives yet

but the people are using the bluetooth to control the device, i dont have one bluetooth device yet.

Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
Annnnd thanks for playing....

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
philips bluetooth shb7100

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
i think that the thread maker are talking about controlling the n900 with something and not using the n900 to control a PC

thats happening a lot to me, i use my n900 with the tv cable to watch movies, and i need a remote control for my cell phone :P

i dont know any alternatives yet

but the people are using the bluetooth to control the device, i dont have one bluetooth device yet.
That's exactly what I need. The ability to control my n900 via a bluetooth remote, so that I can play and control music through a set of portable speakers. Is that even do-able ?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
Annnnd thanks for playing....
clasificado speaks the truth.

I have an AVRCP BT remote with AD2P. I think it worked with the old version:
- pair remote
- run media player
- plug in headphones

but since the last update, the audio switches to the headphones when they are plugged in, but after a while (doing nothing but playing music), the audio goes back to AD2P

hmm so is there anyway to pair a device like that to control the media player, but instead of headphones in the 3.5mm jack you plug into a set of portable speakers. Or, a set of BT speakers with BT remote ?