Active Topics

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
With the Phone app, uou can only set the orientation as Portrait and Automatic.
But with either modes, it will switch between landscape and portrait depending on how my phone is held.

It's super annoying when I don't want it to flip but it does and keeps doing it. Until I keep it still.
Not good during speaker phone mode and I'm holding my phone. It's way to erratic.

So I want my phone to be kept in Portrait orientation no matter what. Permanently. Is this possible??
(Even when I slide out the keyboard, turn it around etc etc. Just fixed in portrait)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If you set it to portrait it will NOT rotate if you rotate the phone, it will only rotate if you open the keyboard.

However, I do not know if it is possible to keep the phone in portrait mode even after you open the keyboard.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
well this is not a phone so it was designed to be used in landscape mode but phone appl and web browser can work in portrait mode. If u want phone with portait mode u should buy a phone not computer

The Following User Says Thank You to raverpol For This Useful Post:
How to make the phone app also alone to work in portatri mode perm as asaid above. Just would like to know.

Regards,

RR

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Whether it is a phone or not has nothing to do with it. Actually, using the phone app in landscape-only mode is not even possible.

I agree with the OP that the flipping is unwanted, it causes a time delay when trying to pick up the phone (often closing the keyboard in the process). I would actually rather set it to landscape, as long as it stays like that.

Last edited by maartenmk; 2010-03-11 at 10:35. Reason: typo

@rrdbala: Launch the phone app, tap on the "phone" along the top which launches the menu, then tap Turning Control and change display orientation to Portrait.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by villo View Post
If you set it to portrait it will NOT rotate if you rotate the phone, it will only rotate if you open the keyboard.
That's what I expect but it's not the case most of the time.
I have it set to portrait but it still flips to landscape often.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Could you please exactly explain in which case or situation?

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
It should not be doing that if you set it to Portrait. As Helmuts said, please provide more details on when exactly this is happening i.e. after you finish a call, or straight after you open the phone app etc.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I have to agree, there still is some uncontrollable switching between Landscape/portrait despite setting it to display Portrait only. The phone application is somewhat immature.

The Following User Says Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post: