Active Topics

I want a good IP camera for home security and I want it compatible with the N900. There are a ton of IP cameras on the market but many of them require "Active X" for some of the good features.

I want it to have:
Pan and Tilt capability
Two way audio

And I want all those features controllable from the N900 either through the web browser or a dedicated application.

I understand all the hassles of setting up dynamic DNS and all the network plumbing, I just want it to be compatible with my phone.

David

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
BL-C131A has everything you need. The audio works (for me) only from Windows and is one way (camera has only microphone).

Also, the other Panasonic cameras - here is a link to my BL-C10A

http://m2inor.viewnetcam.com:81

Be sure to include the :81 at the end of the URL - port forwarding

Mike

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
Also, the other Panasonic cameras - here is a link to my BL-C10A

http://m2inor.viewnetcam.com:81

Be sure to include the :81 at the end of the URL - port forwarding

Mike
hi Mike, how did u get audio to work on your camera?

Hello David
I have a N900 and the netwok IP camara i have, is a top of the range Panasonic camara.. 22 x optical zoom and has all PTZ control functions which all work of my N900 beautifully with fantastic clarity. All i do is go onto either the browser that comes with the N900 or i use the firefox browser that i downloaded from the ovi store. The panasonic interface loads onto either browserand you log on and view at your leisure... I have my camara mounted in front of my house in a dome housing, and i can access it from where ever i am through my N900.. When i bought the camara is cost me about £800 plus the waterprove dome housing with a built in heater £100. I will be upgrading my camara and am actually selling all this equipment if you are interested in buying it (talking about the camara not the N900) l me know and you can test the camara before buying it by me giving you the IP address and user name and password. You will then see for yourself on your own N900 how good it is. Let me know if your are interested in buying and i will work out a good discount for you.. i am selling this camara because i will be upgrading to a AUTO TRACK which costs in access of over £1500. My email address is
royojag@msn.com let me know if you are interested.

Thanks and regards
Roy

Originally Posted by djs_tx View Post
I want a good IP camera for home security and I want it compatible with the N900. There are a ton of IP cameras on the market but many of them require "Active X" for some of the good features.

I want it to have:
Pan and Tilt capability
Two way audio

And I want all those features controllable from the N900 either through the web browser or a dedicated application.

I understand all the hassles of setting up dynamic DNS and all the network plumbing, I just want it to be compatible with my phone.

David

The Following User Says Thank You to tiago555 For This Useful Post: