The best phone Nokia has ever made, was the N95 8GB after that it went from bad to worse for Nokia. That company isn’t ready for touch screen phones or new OS devices such as the N900.

After all the bad reviews about the Nokia N97. I thought they stepped up their game with the N900 and now Maemo on Nokia N900 is not upgradeable to MeeGo.

Don’t know why that surprised me. Doesn’t matter any more anyway I no longer have an N900. Now with the iPhone and guess people were right, it is a stable OS and a great gaming device with great graphics.

When Nokia makes a device like Apple iPhone standard I might consider getting one.
Even BlackBerry are doing a lot better than Nokia at the moment.

Debating whether to get a BlackBerry over the Nokia E72

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
*facepalm*.

Assuming this comes as a reaction from that idiotic CNet Asia article...

The FUD and completely inaccurate reporting that is continually being taken as ABSOLUTE FACT and re-reported and regurgitated all over the place is completely and utterly RIDICULOUS and without basis.

Hint: an article, quoting 'Nokia', without names, is not a reliable source.

Especially not when it contravenes existing sources given by valuable members of the Nokia, Meego, and Maemo communities [1] [2].

That mini-rant at having seen the same trollop spewed forth in such vitriolic tones aside, enjoy your new device.

[1]: http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re...or_my_N900_.3F
[2]: http://meego.com/community/blogs/val...owards-day-one

Last edited by w00t; 2010-03-15 at 23:48. Reason: my quality control is awful. just a minor duplicated number.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
*facepalm*.

Assuming this comes as a reaction from that idiotic CNet Asia article...

The FUD and completely inaccurate reporting that is continually being taken as ABSOLUTE FACT and re-reported and regurgitated all over the place is completely and utterly RIDICULOUS and without basis.

Hint: an article, quoting 'Nokia', without names, is not a reliable source.

Especially not when it contravenes existing sources given by valuable members of the Nokia, Meego, and Maemo communities [1] [2].

That mini-rant at having seen the same trollop spewed forth in such vitriolic tones aside, enjoy your new device.

[1]: http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re...or_my_N900_.3F
[2]
[2]: http://meego.com/community/blogs/val...owards-day-one
Thanks, I will!

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by maemo900 View Post
The best phone Nokia has ever made, was the N95 8GB after that it went from bad to worse for Nokia. That company isn’t ready for touch screen phones or new OS devices such as the N900.

After all the bad reviews about the Nokia N97. I thought they stepped up their game with the N900 and now Maemo on Nokia N900 is not upgradeable to MeeGo.

Don’t know why that surprised me. Doesn’t matter any more anyway I no longer have an N900. Now with the iPhone and guess people were right, it is a stable OS and a great gaming device with great graphics.

When Nokia makes a device like Apple iPhone standard I might consider getting one.

why are u here after u get ride of your N900?? oh, sorry u are a troll :s

Originally Posted by maguitodelrock View Post
why are u here after u get ride of your N900?? oh, sorry u are a troll :s
Assuming that is the case, please don't feed. Simply outline why you disagree with that person and let it be, don't stoop to the level of namecalling.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
The N900 kept letting me down too much. I owed two N900's. The first one I just thought is was a faulty device so I got another few weeks later and the result was just the same.

Many people I know and seen sold theirs because of problems with the device and got iPhones, Nexus One and HTC HD2.

Each time I visit this site there are a load of people with problems with their N900. So obviously there is something wrong here.

Also Nokia makes too many promises and keep letting people down. What happened to the BIG update for the N900 which supposed to have Portrait Mode, Equalizers, MMS etc..?!
They seem to have forgotten all that and start giving it large about MeeGo and look what’s happening with that to!

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?

MeeDontCare

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janszoon For This Useful Post:
Also Nokia makes too many promises and keep letting people down. What happened to the BIG update for the N900 which supposed to have Portrait Mode, Equalizers, MMS etc..?!
The only item out of that that was promised (as far as I'm aware, please feel free to correct me) was portrait mode *browsing*, which was provided, albeit not in a great form, and a bit overdue.

I imagine that the 1.2 update will be expanding on this functionality.

Either way, you, as a consumer, should have known better than to buy a device based on promises, if the functionality you are mentioning was *required* as far as you are concerned. The items you mentioned were covered by a lot of press before the launch.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by janszoon View Post

That’s more like it, people who don’t give a sh*t and show humour.