Was wondering if anybody else is on o2 pay as you go or contract and if they have any problems with the internet. I pay £7.50 on a unlimited Bolt on a month and was hoping this would let me stream BBC Iplayer and youtube easily however either is too slow to watch. The only thing I can do is visit websites.. Any ideas on what I should do?

Im on o2 and have an unlimited data plan, the best option is to install the widget which enables you to choose what type of connection you use, of either Dual, 3G, or GSM, and choose 3G only if your in a area which has 3G connectivity available. iplayer will always lag till adobe flash 10 get released, however there is a certain type of tweak you can do, to get iplayer 'just about' functional, and if you want to watch youtube videos I recommend using any of youtube dedicated apps like zoutube. I watch and download vids using zoutube on a 3G and 3.5G connection with no trouble at all.

Hi thanks for the help, when I connect to o2's internet it comes up as 2g how would I change it to 3g?

Originally Posted by shaf View Post
Hi thanks for the help, when I connect to o2's internet it comes up as 2g how would I change it to 3g?
Maybe you have a 2G sim card?
go into any o2 store and ask for a 3G sim card, it will be free of charge, you only have to phone o2 customer service to activate it