Active Topics

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
trying to enable the camera key in Sygic to enable rotate mode. does anyone know the decimal number and also the scancode for it? both long press and short press please

info must be out there as its used in shortcutd etc...

not sure but if anyone understands this and can help please??

; before decimal values of keys are posible two prefixes "U:" or "D:".
; If is defined the prefix "U:" key is send only by WM_KEYUP message.
; If is defined the prefix "D:" key is send only by WM_KEYDOWN message.
; In other cases are keys send by both messages.

; after decimal values of keys is posible specify scancode of key

; Example:
; VkLeft= U:037:080
; Only by WM_KEYDOWN is send key with value 0x25 and scancode 0x50

[Common]
;//////////////////////////////////
;F1 = 0x70
VkAction1= 000
;F2 = 0x71
VkAction2= 000

;Special input mode switch "ALT"
VkInputSpec= 000

;backspace = 0x08
VkBack= 8

;tab = 0x09
VkTab= 61

;enter = 0x0D
VkEnter= 13

;Shift = 0x10
VkShift= 016

;left arrow = 0x25
VkLeft= 81
;right arrow = 0x27
VkRight= 83
;up arrow = 0x26
VkUp= 82
;down arrow = 0x28
VkDown= 84

;25
VkVolumeUp= 000

;24
VkVolumeDown= 000

;
VkZoomIn= 000

;
VkZoomOut= 000

;4
VkEscape= 000

;
VkFind= 0

;
VkMenu= 0

;
VkSaveLocation= 000

;
Vk3D2D= 000

;
VkRotate= 000

;
VkExit= 000

;/////////////End of common section /////

thats the file i need to edit in order to do whats intended

Last edited by dread123; 2010-03-20 at 20:57.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
AFAIK, it doesn't have one (happy to be proved wrong) but what programs like shortcutd is listen on D-Bus' System Bus where an event is emitted upon the pressing of the key. Short of having access to the code, you can't make Mobile Maps listen to it. You could nicely ask hopbeat/hqh, Shortcutd's developers, if they'll add an option to shortcut allowing it to be mapped to another key other than backspace.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
ok maybe a rethink then?? what about mapping to the space bar?

what i'm trying to do is get the program to rotate by pressing the space bar...2nd thoughts possibly bad choice!!!

how about the control key in top left?

Last edited by dread123; 2010-03-20 at 21:02.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
@dread123, no technical problem with adding support for any button through shortcutd and short camera press.
We have even planned to add support for arbitrary button with shortcutd, but it's better if there is any actual use for them.
Full press is more tricky, we do not plan to add this in shortcutd (in short: it needs to prevent camera application to launch and that is an ugly hack).

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
ok spoken to sygic team.. just trying to have little play really. can some-one pls post the maemo keybindings if they have them? not fussed with the hardware buttons -just the keyboard ones pls
thanks

Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
@dread123, no technical problem with adding support for any button through shortcutd and short camera press.
We have even planned to add support for arbitrary button with shortcutd, but it's better if there is any actual use for them.
Full press is more tricky, we do not plan to add this in shortcutd (in short: it needs to prevent camera application to launch and that is an ugly hack).
This maybe would be better in the shortcutd project place, as a feature request, but....

I'd like one choice for the short/long camera button press to be a configurable menu. Same kind of UI as is in the system-menu, what comes when power-button is pressed. There in the "shortcutd-menu" would be then buttons and respective commands configurable by shortcutd settings UI (or at first just by text file in ~/.shotcutd.d/). For example I would put two button emitters for CTRL C and CTRL V (only to foreground process), because some hildonised applications miss clipboard-copy and -paste in the program menu and one has to open qwerty-keyboard just for that. Also shortcuts to some useful own scripts/programs (sh/py/bin) run in a xterminal or without could be there in a shortcutd-menu.

i.e. ~/.shortcutd.d/usermenu.cfg:
"Copy" emit-key-foreground ^C
"Run foo" run-terminal /home/user/.scripts/foo.sh one two three
"Lets Surf" run /usr/bin/fennec
...and so on

edit:

Started to read shortcutd-talk-thread, and someone there already had suggested something like abobe. Only those configurable shortcuts to program/script launches I'd like also.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=16

edit2:
Made a "formal" feature request to
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9646

Last edited by zimon; 2010-03-21 at 12:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
no this is not a feature request. I am trying to find the keymaps for the n900..it just so happened that something good may have come about from my enquiry