Notices

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Hi All,
I use 2 phones for my work. 1 is a contract phone with lots of minutes (N900), the other is a pay and go phone (N95 8GB) that i use for customers to contact me on. I never put credit on the pay and go phone as i use my contract phone (N900) to make outbound calls to my customers but every time i call a customer i have to go to settings and disable caller id so they dont get my personal phone number.

Is it possible for someone to create an app that places a shortcut onto the desktop that directly opens the 'hide caller id' option from settings???
Or even better a widgit that has 2 buttons,
1 saying show caller id you can press
1 saying hide caller id you can press
and an image to show if caller id is currently hidden or shown?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
bumpety bump bump

The Following User Says Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
i would appreciate such an application too

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
A status applet or a widget would be really nice indeed

babumpety bump

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'll look into it (already written the 3G/2G/Dual Mode Selection Applet; those dbus-send lines you see now to change the code come from that applet ) but as my maths and Cairo knowledge are rather shitty, I'll probably end up writing an applet that goes in the Status Area.

--

Started writing a desktop applet. I've implemented the recieving of the Caller ID state; just need to write the code to set it.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-03-23 at 19:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I would love this. And I would love it even more if the app were to be in the drop down -menu that drops down pressing the clock because if you want to select that while using another app. Or that's what I'd like.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...224#post582224

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-03-25 at 18:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Italy
qwerty12, it works perfectly fine!!!!!!
thanks for all your great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to Natan_xy For This Useful Post:
this is why i love the maemo community! a perfect example!