Notices

Hi all, i wanted to create themes for Maemo5 but i use XP so find it hard to get theme building software so i cant build an installable package, sorry.

Now i present my first theme for the Nokia N900 and Maemo 5, its for the ladies of the forum realy, but we all can use it if you happen to like pink.

To use this theme you need root access to system files, its best to use WinSCP via computer to do this, iv included text files to describe the path to put the files to make my theme work.

*NOTE* Using this theme will overwrite the default blue theme.

Download Theme and instructions HERE

Hope it comes in handy for some of you,
enjoy,
Biggzy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Hi all, i wanted to create themes for Maemo5 but i use XP so find it hard to get theme building software so i cant build an installable package, sorry.

Now i present my first theme for the Nokia N900 and Maemo 5, its for the ladies of the forum realy, but we all can use it if you happen to like pink.

To use this theme you need root access to system files, its best to use WinSCP via computer to do this, iv included text files to describe the path to put the files to make my theme work.

*NOTE* Using this theme will overwrite the default blue theme.

Download Theme and instructions HERE

Hope it comes in handy for some of you,
enjoy,
Biggzy.
Theme Maker doesn't work right on any system. I feel anyone who wants to do themes should learn to do them the best and least buggy way so I try to point everyone to this link. If you still can't figure it would I would be willing to build your theme for you. It will be best for the users of the theme and you in the long run to have it built right. If you want me to build it email me the template.png file and the backgrounds. I will send you back your three files you need to upload to https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assistant/ go ahead and get access to upload their it wont take me long to get file back to you if you want me to build this theme or any others for you. I also need your email address, name, and package name/version for package.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Thanx andrewfblack, just reading that now and downloading then i will give it a go

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
Thanx andrewfblack, just reading that now and downloading then i will give it a go
Let me know if you hit any problems. BTW thememaker template has a few bugs in it that the one I linked does not have.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
it's not pink... it's purple!

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki
if only someone made a baby pink theme

Thanks biggzy for a colourful theme at last, too many dark themes out there !

Do wish it was available as a .deb, and don't want to overwrite the default blue theme so won't install it just yet.

How about a nice bright blue theme ? (think the default n97 theme)

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
How about a nice bright blue theme ? (think the default n97 theme)
Would this be close enough?
D-THEME BrightBlue

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
D-livil

That's almost bright enough Apologies if I've missed it in Themes, I thought I'd looked through all the themes available

The n97 theme in question has even more of an electric, cobalt colour to it. I'll attach a pic if I can find a good one

*edit* here it is
Attached Images

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-03-24 at 14:48. Reason: add image

Yuck, we have far too many pink themes now

Love
Pop