Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Im soooooooo pissed off

Banks are soooo $%&#ing useless..

My situation is this, right now im renting a car...for about 550$ per month, and its not like its the best car out there, In fact its the WORST!

For me its waaaaay better to pay that amount of money for my own car...but those damn banks wont give anyone a car/personal loan unless you finish 6 months in the company your working with

My question is .....Why????

Also its not like im asking for a 1000000$ car loan, no, its just a humble amount of money to be able to buy a good working used car, And im planning to repay the loan in less than 6-8 months...

Damn banks.....Anyone has spare money to lend me, i promise i will return it...LOL

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

At Moe's, Homer begs for a loan.

Moe: Sure, Homer, I can loan you all the money you need. However,
since you have no collateral, I'm going to have to break your
legs in advance.
Homer: Gosh, Moe, I use these all the time. Couldn't you just bash my
head in?
Moe: Hey, hey: are you a loan shark? Do you understand how finance
works? [grabs a sledgehammer] Now let's do this thing.

obviously the banks are not useless, they have overly high utility, for you at least.

perhaps you might have better luck if you tried talking to an individually owned used car lot directly, many times, on lower priced used cars they will work with you when you might have kind of 'different' circumstances and can finance themselves.

but that is in the us, not sure how it might work where you are

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
More food for thought...

Peter walks into Jims Bank.

Peter: oh wow, so you can really give me a loan?
Jim: I sure can. You see Mr Griffin, what sets us apart from other banks is that other banks are banks. Now I trust you have collateral?
Peter: um.... I got three kids..
Jim: I'll take them. haha Just kidding. Or maybe im not. Sign this.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
go to a small car lot. some do their own financing because they pay little for their cars.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Happened to me when I first got a car, saw I got ripped off and wanted to get something else. I had to wait six months for some reason also. I guess it means you might not have a good credit history or you don't have one at all and they need some reasonable assurance that you will pay the money you owe on the note. Just to build some type of credit history with regard to auto loans. If that is not the case then I have absolutely no clue why........;0

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Credit history only exists specific countries, and aren't the rule.

The main reason they're waiting for you to have a job for 6 months is that they need to make sure you're able to hold a job. It's easy to have a job for a few days, it's a lot harder to keep the same job for periods at a time.