Hi,

I know that this must have been covered to death somewhere else, however I'm at my wits end, I'm trying to flash my N900 with the latest global firmware on a win 7 laptop running in XP Mode, however everytime the command prompt gets to the the point of updating and flashing it returns with the message 'Suitable USB device not found waiting' I appreciate that there are loads of posts on this subject and I have tried to read them all, however I have not found a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

R18

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Did you press the key from n900 keyboard when connecting usb to the computer? Was it 'U' or 'T' ... cant remember

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary

I've done all that however the first part of the process worked, leaving me waiting as it says it's trying to find a suitable usb device, it typically does this everytime until I get fed up and disconnect, I've left it for over 30 mins ad still nothing, how long must I wait or am I doing something wrong?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
are you holding the U on n900 keyboard before you plugin USB

Yes, the phone is booting in boot mode, it's the update that's the problem, it starts by showing me the package details, the stops at looking for a suitable usb device

R18

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
I am having exactly the same problem. Theres another 2 page thread (suprisingly) on this with no answer yet.

Even switched off the USB certificates in win 7 but to no avail, and tried running an admin.

....and tried changing the filename to something shorter as someone else suggested.

bonerp

I've finally managed to resolve this problem and flash to the global firmware at last.

If like me you are using Win 7 but trying to flash using the XP mode, what you need to do is connect your N900 in boot mode as normal, however before you write and execute the flash command, look at the top of the XP Explorer window and you will see an icon with USB writtien on it, click on this and you will see a few options, one of which will be 'Connect N900 in update mode' click on this option and if it's the first time you've done this, XP will load the drivers for the device and eventually connect, wait a minute or two just to be sure, then write the flash command at the dos prompt and execute, it worked for me and flashed within two minutes. I also changed the file name to OS3, just to shorten it as I was advised to do just as you were. I hope this helps.

R18

The Following User Says Thank You to Ramjett18 For This Useful Post: