Active Topics

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
I am fed up reading threads about people wondering where PR1.2 is, when they can get Meego and how they are never getting integrated MMS.

This thread is for people to show their appreciation for the current Maemo platform. Instead of what can't the N900 do that my old phone could. Let's enjoy what it can do but your old phone couldn't.

Afterall if you are one of the many people that owned an N97 before the N900 then you will understand what I mean. No offence Nokia but the N97 was simply awful.

Last edited by al678; 2010-03-25 at 17:15.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to al678 For This Useful Post:
N97? As we waited for the n900, we here at tmo saw that disaster coming from an AU away. You have my sympathy, and I too am enjoying what I got. Other stuff will get here when it gets here. I try to live in the future as little as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
Thanks for this thread because I love my n900 and i did a thorough search reading the talk forum, watching every single youtube video about it, and reading all the reviews/comparison before I purchased the device. I had a 5800 prior to the n900 and that phone was great had no problems with it and yet my n900 has exceeded it in almost all areas. I think if people did a bit more research before blindly purchasing this phone or any other phone their expectations will not be as high, they will know what they are getting and therefore less fud and complaining. Yes the phone has its shortcomings but that is what this community is for to improve and develop more features for this great phone.

Originally Posted by Maj3stic View Post
. I had a 5800 prior to the n900 and that phone was great had no problems with it
I had the 5800 before the N97... Had a short nokia phase and I must say I did love the 5800. That's why I figured than the N97 was a 5800 with 32Gb of storage and a QWERTY keyboard. Although it was far from it. They just used the same specs as the 5800 and put more features in it. It could not cope, loading music from the 32Gb was so slow unless you only have a couple of tracks on it which seemed to defeat the purpose of the storage!

Anyway back to the topic here. The N900 is extremely fast in comparison. I am sometimes amazed at how fast it can load things! I also believe you point about researching phones. I watch so many reviews for the N900 before I bought it.

The Following User Says Thank You to al678 For This Useful Post:
probably we would have MeeBook, MeeSlate MeePad, MeePod to worry about

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
Yeah the 5800 was great and that's why i was soo excited when the n97 came out because i thought just as you did it was an updated hardware wise version of the 5800 and im soo happy i learned of the n900 before i purchased a n97 and yeah this phoen is great with great things to come

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Barcelona
Well... I just want to say that I love my N900

It does things that other mobiles don't even dream of... like watching movies in any file format with subtitles, hearing an online radio from my country that only broadcasts in windows media format and streaming it over FM to my amplifyer.
Enjoying the full world wide web with flash, talking with my friends with x-chat, etc etc
An all at the same time with true multitasking!

If I was searching for a new mobile right now, would I buy again the N900? Yes I would!

As a previous N97 owner I agree, there was the mass hysteria over the2.0 firmware we all waited for.

What will everyone do once this 1.2 thing comes out, what will be the next panic be?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
i 100% agree about meego - everyone should be happy with fremantle, it does so much our last phones didn't.

but it would be nice to have flash 10 on this, since it would make the phone able to watch bbc iplayer (in the uk) and youtube without jerky playback - both things that apps on the N97 and 5800 can do.

just my op

Originally Posted by berty View Post
As a previous N97 owner I agree, there was the mass hysteria over the2.0 firmware we all waited for.
Yeah and the 2.0 firmware really did nothing for the phone apart from give it kinetic scrolling!