Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I'm happy to present the first version of the call and SMS notifier, called CallNotify, and available in extras-devel (with all the usual disclaimers), as I promised.

It's a simple python app that shows a status-menu icon after a missed call or a SMS, and also displays the number of missed calls and SMS's (up to 5, above 5 it shows "+5").
The icon disappears when the missed call notification (or SMS) has been viewed or the yellow window is closed.
If both SMS and missed call has been received, the icon blinks between the two kinds without showing the number.

changes from first release are documented in the "package" link.

Features:

* Missed Call notification in the status area
* Missed SMS notification in the status area
* Number of missed calls/SMS's , if only one of them has been missed
* Sound notification in a preset interval
* Vibration notification in a preset interval
* Configuration of these settings in the Settings menu

If everything works fine you should see the icon after a missed call or a SMS.
If not, please reply in this post for further exploration.

Some pictures for the icons are attached below.

garage: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/callnotify/
package: http://maemo.org/packages/view/callnotify/
Vote for it, if you feel it's time for it to be in the extras repository.

I owe a very big thank you to qwerty12, twaelti, lizardo, and of course - noobmonkey, as this is my first python & N900 code, and without them the road would have been a lot more mazy. Also, a thank you to joppu for providing me the polished icons for missed call and SMS.
Attached Images

Last edited by omeriko9; 2010-06-05 at 15:26.

The Following 111 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
abhirajsoni, adrianmilev, Alfred, AlMehdi, AndyNokia232, arjunkumar87, assetburned, attila77, Bingley Joe, blackopz, BN900, buxz777, Caesar, calvin_42, cardiff-blues, ceevee, chill, codeMonkey, danielpublic, daniel_m, Davey101, dazzakoh, deter3, dhcmega, Digicom, Dousan, eefo, ejasmudar, F2thaK, Fargus, felbutss, fraaaaanka, funkmunk, g0dzilla, gobuki, Graham Cobb, Grant, HammY, Hannu, helloct, HRZ, imo, Inacurate, ivyking, jacktanner, joppu, Joseph9560, jsbigs, juahan, Kee, kik, krk969, Laughing Man, lorenzo, lunatik, Maj3stic, mikecomputing, misiak, mivoligo, mmlado, MohammadAG, morusaka, musculus, nashith, Natan_xy, nicolai, nilchak, nkirk, nMIK-3, Nobless, noobmonkey, oved_etzot, OVK, Patola, pelago, peterleinchen, Petteri, pillar, plaban, pyromaniac, qwerty12, radiosw, ranbaxy, rcastberg, Ronaldo, Scottlfa, sdixit, shiny, skalogre, skidrock, smoothc, Straycat, Strutten, Switch_, Tinukedaya, Tiran, tissot, titi974, v13, Vlad_on_the_road, volt, Wanker, Wikiwide, xiskillo, Yorky, zaedej, zincholic, zlatko, ZogG
gonna install and test, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
gonna install and test, thanks
Great, thanks. Please let me know if it's working for you.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
What is the icon size? I might as well draw a email icon for you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Nice implementation and great work. While the default behaviour of the pulsating cornor icon whenever a call or SMS is missed is fine - he number of missed call feature is a add-on I believe. Will try this.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
What is the icon size? I might as well draw a email icon for you.
The icons sizes are 18x18. There's an email icon built into Hildon, I think it was takes from Gnome, looks like an envelope with a "@".

I guess you are implying about an enhancement to notify for incoming emails - may I ask if you mean the "Mail for Exchange" or the email application?

tested call and text, i sent a text to my self and didnt get the yellow box because i had conversations open but your status is still showing the 1 text even tho i have viewed it. sent another now 2 but i am not able to get rid of the notification

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Email? I meant SMS, sorry for the confusion.

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
i had to send a text from another phone to get rid of the status, also there was no notification for emails.

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
tested call and text, i sent a text to my self and didnt get the yellow box because i had conversations open but your status is still showing the 1 text even tho i have viewed it. sent another now 2 but i am not able to get rid of the notification
Hmm.. yeah, sending SMS to yourself is a bit problematic because, as you said, the conversation app is open, and in order to hide the notification I capture the event of closing the yellow notification window.

If it's stuck, you can get rid of it by using "killall hildon-status-menu" from x-term, but sometimes it doesn't work (I don't know why), and then you can close a missed call yellow window or in the worst case, restart.