Active Topics

Hi guys, just wondering if you experienced this.

Holding it In landscape mode(either with keyboard open or close), if you use a thumb and press the bezel from below at the bottom centre edge, you can feel some give of about a few milimetres as its not exactly flushed against the screen. The top, left and right side is firmly flushed against the screen portion though.

Just concern if this is common/usualt. If not, I wonder if there may be problems in future with more usage of the phone. Just bought my n900 yesterday.

BTW I'm referring to the screen portion, not the keyboard portion. Thanks.

Last edited by tytkwe; 2010-03-28 at 06:54.

I've sent my n900 to nokia care centre for repair. Its not normal. Will be collecting 24 hours later.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by tytkwe View Post
I've sent my n900 to nokia care centre for repair. Its not normal. Will be collecting 24 hours later.
i have the same situation, mine is on the upper part.

but its not an issue to me and it doesn't bother me. still can use my device in good condition. sending it back is not an option to me.

the bezzel is detachable and can be reattached. so i dont worry.

but sending your device to nokia is a good option, they might find problems besides the bezel that you are not awar of (but hoping not to).

I think I have the same problem, the screen section seems to sit flush along the top edge (looking at the phone in landscape) but at the middle of the bottom edge there is definately a gap and this allows some movement when pressed. I'm in the UK, anyone know if this is a simple problem to get fixed and if it would be covered under warranty?

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
it would be cool if there was a way to buy the bezel, its kind of easy to take off and replace i just took mines off just for fun. it would be cool if there was other colors

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hmm... I can't see any visible play to my bezel, but it does feel slightly loose occasionally. It isn't problematic at all for me, though, so I'm not worried.

My bezel feels rock solid. I didn't know it was removable. How does it come off?

The little strip of plastic below my keyboard moves a bit but it doesn't bother me.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
My bezel feels rock solid. I didn't know it was removable. How does it come off?

The little strip of plastic below my keyboard moves a bit but it doesn't bother me.
I have it both on the upper and lower part.. So should I send it to Nokia care?

Yeah mine does it on the top in the middle.

The screen did it a couple of times yesterday at the bottom in the middle. I'm glad it's stopped that now, though.

If you watch the You Tube Vid of the guy taking the N900 apart you'll see how the bezel clips under a small lip so moves around a bit but won't fall off becuase it lips under.

Was worrid myself for a awhile until I looked at the Vid.