Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Hi All,
Installed Canola but it doesnt find any of my music I have on my phone?
when i go to canolas settings media library/media folders/audio folders there is a selection for Removable Card only???? I have no removable card in my phone???

if it helps when i installed canola i had my n900 connected to pc via usb and ive tried uninstalling canola then reinstalling without usb connected

hellllppp

Last edited by fraaaaanka; 2010-04-01 at 16:34.

bumpety bump

bump (heeeeelp)

Same problem here and I don't have my N900 plugged into usb I still have not found a solution. Really want to use this software since it is what I have been looking for But I have a 8gb microsd card but my music is a lot more then that lol

You know what's weird? This just happened to me the other day! I have an N810. Canola2 was working fine for years, and then all of a sudden one day about a week ago, it stopped detecting my removable card. I thought it was just me, but interesting to see that you guys with N900s are having the same issue.

Soooo, I got around this by creating a softlink in /home/user that pointed to my music folder on my external card. From Canola2, I just told it to find my music via this softlink. Maybe you guys can do the reverse and create a softlink from your card back to your phone memory?

I wonder what is causing this?

My issues is the it finds my external but all my media is on my internal LOL It is weird I have used the media player that it comes with but I was looking for something new and found canola and Like the UI and what it has If I can just get this problem fixed I will be happy LOL

If your external is ext2, then maybe you can softlink in reverse?

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
If your external is ext2, then maybe you can softlink in reverse?
Very true I wil have to look into that when I get home

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
If you installed it while your N900 was connected, MyDocs would be unmounted, and so Canola would not see it.

Try uninstalling it, and running Canola cleanup, then installing it again.

(You should refrain from using applications while connected via USB, especially Application Manager, and other applications that use data stored in MyDocs.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
You know what's weird? This just happened to me the other day! I have an N810. Canola2 was working fine for years, and then all of a sudden one day about a week ago, it stopped detecting my removable card. I thought it was just me, but interesting to see that you guys with N900s are having the same issue.

Soooo, I got around this by creating a softlink in /home/user that pointed to my music folder on my external card. From Canola2, I just told it to find my music via this softlink. Maybe you guys can do the reverse and create a softlink from your card back to your phone memory?

I wonder what is causing this?
I have the same issue with My N810 - Canola doesn't see the external card but I can use it for example with Media player. I think I had this problem before and I just reinstalled Canola which fixed the issue. Seems kind of stupid. I will try to find something from Canola logs if there's some hints what could be wrong.