The /etc/apt/auth file contains some default usernames/passwords for some of the apt repositories. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted mine.

So, I tried to find it elsewhere and I even called Nokia and asked them. I had to spend 1/2 hour walking the 'support' employee through the process of copying the file off of the device so that she could e-mail it to me. After all that, she said she wouldn't be able to e-mail it herself, but would need to pass it on and I would probably get it by e-mail in a day. That was three days ago.

As a result of not having this file, one cannot get updates from the Nokia repositories.

Can some kind person please e-mail me their file so that I may move on with my life without having to flash my N900? I tried finding it in the SDK, but didn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jchammons; 2010-04-02 at 00:52.

Would have been a bit more useful if you actually included an e-mail address to send it to, genius.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Would have been a bit more useful if you actually included an e-mail address to send it to, genius.
Indeed. I realized afterward that there is no internal messaging system here. Please e-mail it to <snip> -- thanks!

Last edited by jchammons; 2010-04-02 at 20:25.

*cough* *cough*

Can anyone help?

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Near: Gilroy, CA
Is there any way to check if the username and password are device-specific? I'd be wary of giving out something that is tied to my N900.
http://thecubed.com

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by thecubed View Post
Is there any way to check if the username and password are device-specific? I'd be wary of giving out something that is tied to my N900.
I couldn't imagine that it is. The password in my /etc/apt/auth file is: Pat2UGuP

If everyone else has this same password, then chances are the usernames are the same?

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Near: Gilroy, CA
Same here. I'll PM jchammons it, just in case it's against the rules to post the username also.

EDIT: Just sent it.
http://thecubed.com

Last edited by thecubed; 2010-04-02 at 04:33.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
I couldn't imagine that it is. The password in my /etc/apt/auth file is: Pat2UGuP

If everyone else has this same password, then chances are the usernames are the same?
I am sure they are the same.
We all flash the devices from the same image.

Moreover, I am also sure you can get the image, and unpack it and get your file back.

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Or just reinstall the hildon-application-manager-settings-X package (for X appropriate to your firmware variant).

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Or just reinstall the hildon-application-manager-settings-X package (for X appropriate to your firmware variant).
Good to know. Thanks!

Fortunately, I already received the file from thecube. Thanks!

If anyone else comes along and has similar issues, here it is (/etc/apt/auth):

Code:
machine downloads.maemo.nokia.com
login qa9recEP
password Pat2UGuP
Cheers,
Jason