Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Hi guys!

in some post I noticed that in status are next to the current status for IM some have own avatars. How can i enable that?

kriss

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Can you be more specific?
What do you mean by "own avatar"?
Can you please post some links to these threads?

I dont remember now but when you tap on status area there you have status for your IM accounts and next to that some people have small pic.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
Hi guys!

in some post I noticed that in status are next to the current status for IM some have own avatars. How can i enable that?

kriss
Click on the 'Control Pannel' link on the upper right corner of the page, and once the User Control Pannel page finishes loading click on 'Edit Profile Picture'.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2010-04-03 at 00:49.

hmm, what page??

hehe I know now I thought about N900 not my profile here but I will do that here s well hehe

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
hmm, what page??

hehe I know now I thought about N900 not my profile here but I will do that here s well hehe
B-man thought you meant Forum Avatars. (EDIT: Oops, I misread your post - I see you got that)

If you're trying to set your IM avatar on the N900, then just open up your personal contact card in Contacts (from the menu), and tap the photo. That should set it globally, IIRC. I think you might also be able to set it per-network in the IM settings by tapping on your avatar (say, in a chat), but I may be completely wrong with that.
EDIT2: yes, both of those methods work, although I'm not sure how it behaves with multiple networks. My intuitive guess is that the photo set through Contacts->My information would override everything else, but that's just how I would have done it - I haven't tried. Also, I assume that the IM avatar functionality would be dependent on the network having support for avatars (e.g. IRC doesn't) so I'm not sure how that would affect it, either. Hmm...

Last edited by jaem; 2010-04-03 at 01:14.

doesn't work I set my photo as you wrote here but still no avatar in status area

any clue guys?