Active Topics

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
I have 6 imap'd email accounts setup on my n900. Works a treat.
However when an email comes in, I see the light flash, I hear the incoming alert, I see the email preview. But which inbox has it gone in. I must be missing something but right ow I have to go through each inbox trying to figure out which one the email has turned up in. It would nice to see a little identifier next to each account that has recieved email since last read.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Sounds like a reasonable suggestion, have you opened a bug enhancement request in https://bugs.maemo.org?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Welcome to the club...

And I have to disagree with Milhouse, an enhancement request in b.m.o is no use. They just get closed down with a hint at brainstorm. It might be high time to kick one off on the email app...

Oh my :0

I cant believe this is not implemented. I sincerely thought I was missing some setting. Seems that this email client is pointless then. I mean if you have more than one account, how does one manage them. I get about 100 emails a day! All from different accounts. Some Pop3 some imap. How the hell am I supposed to figure out which account has new email!

Surely this is a high priority bug. It's fundamental to any normal email application. If not its time to put my new n900 back on ebay and consider the Droid. Very dissapointed.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Uhhm, when on the account overview, doesn't it say something about new messages in the right column where the "updated" time is?

No it does not (<-- click that link if you need visual confirmation)

I'll see if I can find the time to file that Brainstorm today...

And I agree with scouser, the absence of this ultra basic feature renders the email client very close to useless and even more so if you have multiple accounts.

Last edited by sxc; 2010-04-05 at 09:17.

I'm with you sxc. Not sure I can do much but if you need help in the endevour just ask away.

In the meantime, I will have to use firefox web email. This email is totally pointless on the n900. So much for it being a tablet computer.

Just wondering how hard it would be to port Evolutio, kmail or Claws. Claws is not the best but it is way better than this rubbish and its fairly small. But it requires GTK+. Not sure if there is GTK+ support in the n900. I think the possibiliyu of porting an alternative may be quicker than waiting for the brainstorm to wake the dead.

Guys, I have just strarted a Brainstorm on how to turn Modest into a useable email client. Please visit, add solutions and vote! This may be the only way we'll ever get Nokia to do something about it...

Good work sxc.

My concern however is how long before there's any action on it if any.
I notice http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/claws-mail/
Wonder how hard this would be to run on the n900. This would be an excellent alternative. If I dont get a decent email client soon, this device is useless to me and I would guess to many others too.

Well then.....

http://www.claws-mail.org/maemo/

And I installed it without a hitch. Just going through the setup now. Will report back .